How to Approve a Surplus Transfer Request (STR)
This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to approve a Surplus Transfer Request (STR). It offers clear instructions and insights into the approval process, empowering readers to navigate and complete the STR approval efficiently.
- An automated email is sent to the FinU's Department Equipment Custodian(s) (DEC) with instructions to log in to CAMS and approve the Transfer.
- The email is sent to the DEC the following day from when the STR was created, if you received this notice you have the correct access.
Follow these instructions to Approve a STR
- Log in to CAMS.
- From the Home tab, in the Transfer Number search field, enter the Surplus Transfer Number.
- The next page will be the pending STR, at the bottom of the page, click the Approve button.
- The Line Item page will display an editable Approval Status column.
- Click the drop down arrow on the first Line Item and make your selection to Approve.
- Once you’ve made your selection on the first line you can click the drop down arrow to the right and Approve all rows.
- If you need to Reject a Line Item select this option independently, and continue down the row of items to change the Approval Status.
- Once you have updated the Approval Status for each Line Item, click Save to finalize the Approval.
- For more information on creating Surplus pick-ups click here.