How to Lift PO Commitments in OFC
This article describes how to lift PO Commitments in OFC before they lift automatically. You can do this by navigating the the PO balances report, filtering the transactions, reviewing the transactions, navigating to the requisition, initiating the change order, and matching the PO to what has been invoiced.
- Only close the PO if all received goods or services have been paid for and no additional invoices are expected.
- POs cannot be re-opened if the project associated with that PO has since expired.
- You may instead submit a Services & Support ticket with the categories Buying Goods & Services - Oracle Procurement - Revising Goods & Services and a list of the POs you'd like to close.
- Please do not submit one case per PO, but rather combine them all into one case.
- Please indicate that you have confirmed all goods or services have been paid for and no additional invoices are expected.
- This option is required for Marketplace (legacy) POs.
- Closing a PO or PO line item is equivalent to lifting a PO or PO line item commitment.
- A Commitment is created for each PO line when it is fully approved.
- The PO line Commitments reduce as Invoice Commitments are created.
- PO line Commitments lift entirely once they are fully paid.
- A walkthrough of PO and Invoice Commitments and their workflow is provided in the Workflow and Commitments in Oracle Procurement & Payables eCourse.
- For assistance in viewing the PO Commitments, please refer to KB0033423: How to View PO and Invoice Commitments in the OFC Costs Module.
Navigate to the PO Balances Report
- Go here
- Click Budget & Finance
- Click Procure to Pay Panoramas.
Filter the Transactions
NOTE: To filter for transactions with open commitments, the PO Status filter should be Closed for Receiving.
- In the desired field, click the down arrow.
- In the dropdown, once it is finished loading, uncheck All Column Values.
- Scroll and select your desired criteria or click More/Search.
- In Select Values, search for the desired criteria.
- Click the desired criteria.
- Click the right arrow to move it to the Selected section.
- If any unwanted criteria are in the Selected section, such as All Column Values, remove it by clicking the unwanted criteria and the left arrow.
- Once all desired criteria are in the Selected section, click OK.
- Once all filters in the report have been set, click Apply.
Review the Transactions
- Any POs with the status Closed for Receiving have open commitments.
- There will be one commitment for each line on the PO, and each line of the PO needs to be evaulated separately.
- If the Net Ordered Quantity is populated, then this is a quantity-based line item.
- Quantity-based line items are closed (lifted) by reducing the quantity of the line item to the Net Invoiced Quantity via change order.
- The amount does not need to be changed on a quantity-based line item in order to close it (lift the commitment).
- If the Net Ordered Quantity is not populated, then this is an amount-based line item.
- The example in the screenshot is amount-based, because the column is not populated.
- Amount-based line items are closed by reducing the amount of the line item to the Invoiced Amount via change order.
Navigate to the Requisition
NOTE: At this point, instead of processing a change order, you may also submit a ticket to Services & Support per the instructions in Critical Concepts at the top of this article.
- Only the person who submitted the Requisition can process a Change Order. If you are not the person who submitted the Requisition, you must reassign it to yourself before initiating the Change Order.
- Note the Requisition Number referenced on the PO.
- On the OFC homepage, click Procurement then Purchase Requisitions.
- Above the search bar on the OFC Procurement homepage, click Manage Requisitions.
- In Entered By, remove your name.
- In Requisition, enter the Requisition Number.
- Click the desired Requisition Number.
Initiate the Change Order
- If only one PO was generated on the Requisition:
- On the Requisition, at the top right, click Actions.
- Click Edit Order
- If multiple POs were generated on the Requisition:
- On the Requisition, above the Line items, click Actions.
- Click Edit Order
Match the PO to What has been Invoiced
- For Amount-based POs, in Base Price, reduce the Amount on each line to what has been invoiced.
- For Quantity-based POs, in Quantity, reduce the Quantity on each line to what has been invoiced.
- In Description, enter Close PO.
- Click Submit