In the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool, also known as Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS), budget preparers use Task List 1 and Task List 2 to budget salary and benefits for staff and faculty members in their Financial Unit. Any updates to Staff or Faculty compensation are made on Forms 1.2 for Staff and 2.2 for Faculty. You should use the Transfer Employee action when moving the employee to another Financial Unit or a new Position.
The following steps assume the budget preparer has user access to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool and is logged in.
The steps below show two examples of how to transfer a Staff member on Form 1.2 either to a new Financial Unit or to a new Position.
The steps are identical to transfer a Faculty member except the action would be performed on Form 2.2 (vs 1.2 for Staff).
1. From the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool home page, click on Tasks.
2. Select Task List 1 Review and Manage Staff Planning, expand the triangle to display Task 1.2 Manage Existing Staff and Other Academic (Non-Faculty) Positions, click to load the form.
3. In Form 1.2 Manage Existing Staff and Other Academic (Non-Faculty) Positions, update Years to the planning year to display your roster, e.g. FY25, and update EFinUnit to the Financial Unit you want to view.
4. Once Years and EFinUnit have been updated and highlighted in yellow, click the Arrow icon, to save and continue, otherwise your selections will not be saved.
5. Locate the Distribution Line for the individual you wish to transfer, right click, in Action menu, select Transfer Employee.
6. STFN_GRV_TransferEmpl dialog box will display populated with information for that individual.
7. Update the Destination FinUnit to the Financial Unit that you wish to move the employee to.
8. Enter both a Transfer Date In and Transfer Date Out that are within the budget planning year, generally, the same date may be used.
9. If needed, update other elements such as Fund, Function and/or Project, click Launch.
10. You will return to Form 1.2 where a confirmation message displays indicating the Transfer Employee function was successful, click OK to close the message.
11. In Form 1.2, locate the Distribution Line for the staff member that was transferred, the Transfer Date Out you selected displays in the Transfer Date Out column, then click Save.
12. A confirmation dialog box displays, click OK.
13. If you have access to the Financial Unit that you transferred the employee to, you may select the EFinUnit in the Point of View and select the Arrow in order to view the employee has been successfully transferred into the destination FinUnit, the Transfer Date In that you selected will be shown in the Transfer Date In column, click Save if any updates are made.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.