How to Add POETAF to a Posted Payables Transaction
This article provides explanation of how to add the POETAF information to reclassify a Payables transaction to make it visible on a Project in PPM sub-ledger (If POETAF wasn't provided on the initial payables invoice). When a cost needs to be visible on a Project in PPM, you must include the POETAF on any Requisition/PO, Non-PO Payment Request, Concur transaction, etc.
- Payables is a sub-ledger in Oracle, used for the processing of transactions to pay an organization/entity/individual, i.e. accounts payable - money from UCSD.
- A Payables Transaction includes, but is not limited to:
- Invoice related to a Purchase Order.
- Payment Request/Non Purchase Order Invoice.
- Subrecipient Invoices (from Kuali Research).
- Submitted Concur Expense Report Transactions.
- A Payables Transaction will only post to the GL if/when a CoA is provided - POETAF values are required in order for a transaction to also post to a Project in PPM.
- An AP Cost Correction request should be submitted when:
- A posted Payables Transaction was processed with a Project included in the CoA, but POETAF was not provided.
- A posted Payables Transaction was processed without any Project in the CoA and also no POETAF. However, it was intended to be posted to a Project and the PPM sub-ledger.
- Recharges are not a Payables Transaction - Recharges are a separate concept and process.
1. Access the GL-PPM reconciliation report.
2. Follow the instructions on the blink page to identify GL to PPM discrepancies.
3. Using data retrieved from the report, download and complete the Cost Data Transfer Request Excel Spreadsheet, using these guidelines:
- Amounts should be the aggregate amount, not individual lines for each item on the invoice/transaction.
- Expenditure Type should be the full number and name combination as shown in the example, e.g. 534100 – Computer Supplies under $5K, and the number should match the Account Code.
- Funding Source should be populated with the number.
- You may also include data for the following two issues on the same attached spreadsheet, i.e. collective of many Payables transactions at once:
- A Posted Payables Transaction was processed with no Project in the CoA and no POETAF included, but the cost needs to be visible on a Project in PPM.
- A Posted Payables Transaction was processed with an incorrect Account Code in the CoA.
4. Submit a Non Salary Cost Transfer Request through Services & Support
- Attach the spreadsheet completed in Step 2 to the ticket.
- Multiple Payables transactions are preferred on the attached spreadsheet vs. singular request.
- Description: Payables Transaction - Add POETAF.
- Justification: You must submit a justification for this request or your ticket may be rejected for lack of information.