There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
This guide will demonstrate how to create an Event Request for Catering. For an easy to follow video on the process, please watch the How to Create an Event Request in Concur video. Event Requests are only required if an order is placed with a caterer or a bar service provider and those services were provided at an on-campus Event.
1. Log into Concur using your Single Sign-On (SSO).
2. Select the Requests module
3. Below Requests, Select New Request
4. In Request Header tab, make the following entries:
a. Request Type: Event Request
b. Event Name:
c. Event Date:
d. Event Location:
e. Type of Event: On Campus OR Off Campus
NOTE: An Event Request is NOT required for an off-campus event.
f. Type of Service: Catering - Full Service OR Catering - Bartending
5. In Request Header, enter required, marked in red, Chart of Accounts (CoA) information, including Fund.
a. Review this guide on searching for CoA information.
b. Please consult your Fund Manager for any questions on CoA entries.
6. In the Business Purpose/Additional Information field, provide a valid business purpose for the Event and then select Create Request.
7. On the Expected Expenses section, outline the estimated costs of the Event, estimates are required to continue the process.
8. To begin adding expenses, select Add and then choose the Expense Type from the menu in the pop-up window.
9. Based on the selected Expense Type, complete all required fields, marked in red.
a. Note: if Expense Type: Prepared Food - Catering or On-Campus is selected, also add an additional Expense Type to provide the Supplier Info.
b. Only one Supplier Info expense line should be added per Event Request (if you will have multiple Suppliers for one event, create separate Event Requests).
10. Select Save
11. Repeat this process until all estimated Expenses have been accounted for.
12. Select Submit Request and then Accept & Submit.
13. Once you submit the request, to track the Event Request's approval workflow, select the Request Details dropdown and then click on Request Timeline.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494.