How to Run the Core Recurring Base Budget Target Check Report in EPBCS
This article describes how to run the Core Recurring Base Budget Target Check Report in the Oracle Planning and Budgeting tool (EPBCS).
- The Core Recurring Base Budget Target Check Report provides a comparison of the planning year working version Core Recurring Base Budget entered in the tool against the planning year Target Budget across higher levels of the FinUnit hierarchy, as well as at Total Fund, Total Function, Total UCSD Projects.
- The Core Recurring Base Budget Target Check, in conjunction with the Target Budget Summary, outlined here. (KB0033266: How to Run the Total Budget Summary Report in the Oracle Planning and Budgeting tool), It is recommended for use in budget review meetings with Division, Dean, and VC contacts during the budget approval process.
- This report points to a special reporting cube/database (UCSDRPT) which collects and aggregates all of the data from the Financial Statement data entry cube each day on the hour, every hour from 7am to 7pm Pacific Time (except for 1pm).
- For about 5 minutes during each of these scheduled data pushes data will not be visible in the reports, but will be updated with current data as of each push.
Start from the Home Page within the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool
1. Select the Reports tile.
2. Click on the Financial Reports icon in the left panel of the reports screen.
a. The default view now opens to data from folders based on the latest Oracle update and users need to navigate to the Financial Reports page through an additional click.
3. Expand the caret next to the UCSD folder.
4. Expand the caret next to UCSD Reports folder:
5. Select the Core Recurring Base Budget Target Check- Working Version report and run as a PDF file, the PDF format is the second icon to the right.
6. A dialog box will display in which parameters can be entered for Financial Unit, Fund, Function, and Project, use the member selector icons or directly type in the member selection prompts as shown below:
7. Click Continue to retrieve the report.