This article describes how to handle a subaward credit memo by a subawardee to UCSD. This guidance is specifically intended for the central office staff.
1. If you receive a subawardee credit memo, upload it to Kuali Research (KR).
2. Credit memos are also received through Payment Compass directly from the subawardee.
3. AP records the reduction of the expense/accounts payable & results in a credit balance in the liability account under the department's FinU until a refund check is applied to the credit memo:
4. For intercampus credit memos, send a notification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the Payment Services team will create a “refund payment.”
5. The department or whoever received the check is responsible for depositing it to central cashiers. The central cashiers applies the payment as a miscellaneous receipt to the expense transaction, crediting the AP refund clearing account (Acct 101063).
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.