How to Handle a Supplier Credit Memo
This article describes how to handle a Credit Memo issued by a Supplier to UCSD.
- A Credit Memo is a document issued by a Supplier when purchased products or requested services are not delivered or performed or when goods are returned by the customer.
- It indicates a credit is owed to the customer for the value of the returned or undelivered goods.
- Non-Agreement Suppliers are highly encouraged to provide Refund Checks, whereas Agreement Suppliers may provide either a Refund Check or a Credit Memo.
- Campus is encouraged to obtain Refund Checks instead of Credit Memos for returned items and/or billing discrepancies.
- Contact the Supplier to obtain a Refund Check.
- Ask the Supplier to include the following on the Refund Check:
- Payable to UC Regents
- PO number
- Invoice number
- Case number, if applicable
- The Supplier should send the check to the Disbursements campus address:
- If sending via mail (e.g. USPS)
- 9500 Gilman Dr., MC 0955
- La Jolla, CA 92093-0955
- If sending via physical delivery (e.g. FedEx)
- 10280 N. Torrey Pines
- La Jolla, CA 92037
- If you receive the check in error, send the check to:
- Disbursements 0955 through Intercampus Mail, including your Name and Mail Code on the envelope.