FAQ: POETAF Shipments
Logistics: Outbound Shipping assists and facilitates departmental outbound shipments and mailings.
Does Mailing Center at The Trove accept POETAFs for outbound shipments?
The Trove is home to the Mailing Center, a full-service postal annex that offers shipping and mailing services to the public, students, and the campus community. As of February 13, 2023, The Trove is no longer accepting departmental outbound shipments using POETAF strings for payment.
How do I complete an outbound shipment using a POETAF string for payment?
For nonhazardous, domestic mail:
- Shipments can be staged for pickup by Campus Mail, who will bring the shipment back to Outbound Mail.
- If you would rather drop off, you can do so at the Campus Mail door at Campus Services Complex, Building A. Mail must be ready to ship.
- Please provide the following information for packages and envelopes:
- Both ship to and return addresses (required)
- A POETAF, a contact name, and phone number (required)
- Specify the date shipment needs to arrive (required)
- Preferred carrier/service (required)
- If you would like a tracking number, an email address (optional)
For HazMat/Biological/Potential Hazardous Materials and International shipments:
- Both types of shipments require a Logistics Request Form to be filled out and submitted. HazMat instructions here. International instructions here.
- Alternatively you can call our High Risk Shipping Department at (858) 534-5737 or email email@example.com to arrange for legal and compliant pickup and shipment.
- Note: HazMat/biological/potential hazardous materials, temperature controlled, and international shipments are not accepted for drop off at CSC.
If you still have questions or need additional assistance, please submit a ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.