Logistics: POETAF/COA Validator
The POETAF Validation tool allows for a real-time check that your Project Task, and Funding source (if applicable), are valid before you use them to purchase commodities or services. Please note, that if one of these three components is invalid, your POETAF will be highlighted in red. In addition to being highlighted, a message will appear and will indicate which of the three components is invalid.
Double-check if all components of the POETAF you have input in the tool are correct. Common errors include:
- Are all the required fields (Project number, Task number) filled out? (The tool will autofill Project 1007832 Task 1; You will need to replace this information with your own before pressing Validate).
- Is the Project and/or Task status active?
- If the Project and Task number are valid, does today’s date fall within the Project and Task dates?
- Does the POETAF combination exist?
- Are you missing the Funding source?
- If your POETAF/COA is invalid, you can speak with your Fund Manager to retrieve a valid POETAF. If you do not know who your Fund Manager is, speak with your supervisor or Financial Unit Approver.
- If you are still having issues with validating your POETAF, submit a Services & Support ticket to Logistics.
You may use these links for additional information on POETAF: