How to Become an Authorized Ethanol Custodian
The Logistics STORE team is here to assist with drinking water, tax-free ethanol purchases, gas cylinder orders, campus PPE, and shipping supplies.
- The STORE warehouse is located at 7835 Trade Street, Suite 100.
- To find answers, request services, or get help from our team, please submit a case via the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.
- Only Authorized Alcohol Custodians may purchase ethanol from STORE.
- Ethanol Custodians should be at least 21 years of age or older, and the use of ethanol in a laboratory by a minor should be supervised by someone at least 21 years of age or older.
- The individual who submits the requisition for alcohol must be an Authorized Alcohol Custodian.
- Log in to the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.
- Create a case under Budget & Finance, Buying Goods & Services, Tax-Free Ethanol.
- Include an attachment of an authorization letter to the case.
- This letter should be on department letterhead and include:
- The signature of the department chair.
- The name and email of the person(s) to be authorized as the Ethanol Custodian(s).
- The individual who submits the requisition for ethanol must be an Authorized Ethanol Custodian.
- You may find a sample letter of authorization on Blink.
- Once you submit the case, you will be contacted by someone from the STORE team with confirmation of your authorization.