How to Fill out a Merchant Receipt Template
This article covers how to fill out the Merchant Receipt Template in Excel to clear the Oracle Credit Card Clearing Account Balance. Additionally, this article outlines how Departments and/or Financial Units, use the Merchant Receipt Template which accepts credit card payments through the credit card terminal or website. They are not invoicing in Oracle and need to book revenue to a Chart of Account (CoA).
- If you need the Merchant Receipt Template, email email@example.com.
- Any inquiries, please contact Merchant Services.
- Best practice:
- Complete and submit the Merchant Receipt Template at the beginning of the month when the previous month has closed.
- Run the General Ledger Transaction Details Report within the General Ledger Panorama and reconcile against your business records.
- Run the General Ledger Transaction Details Report in the Panorama, in Procedure A, before completing the Merchant Receipt Template in Procedure B.
- Submit completed form to Merchant Services in Procedure C. Merchant Services will then process the transaction to clear the Oracle Credit Card Clearing Account Balance.
- If you have variances, use ClientLine reporting to research bank deposits.
Run the General Ledger Detail Report which can be accessed from the Oracle home page:
- Select Tools module
- Select Reports and Analytics.
- Click Browse Catalog and find the report from Shared Folders > Custom > Financials > General Ledger > General Ledger Transaction Detail > General Ledger Detail Report
NOTE: If this report is accessed from Financial Reporting Center and then Open Workspace for Financial Report path, you cannot fully utilize the report functions, especially drill-down function by using Action Link
For additional guidance on OFC GL Reports please reference article, KB0032374 :How to Check a Fund Balance or Balance on Chart String Segments.
- Open the Merchant Receipt Template.
- There are two tabs on the Merchant Receipt Template.
- Form: complete form as directed beginning in Step #4, form includes sample data.
- Instructions: additional instructions for completing form.
- Complete the following fields in the Merchant Receipt Template on the 1st tab.
- In Merchant Name, select your business from the drop down, which populates the Activity Code field.
- In GL Values, enter:
- Financial Unit
- In Business Unit, select Business Unit.
- In Comments, if needed, add applicable comments.
- In Deposit Date, enter date of transactions.
- In Amount, enter daily credit card batch total, which must tie to daily batch amount.
- In Customer Account, enter Customer Account if applying payment to an invoice (see* below).
- In Transaction (Inv)#, enter Transaction/Invoice # if applying payment to an invoice (see* below).
- In Project, enter Project# only if booking revenue to a Project.
- When you are complete entering the information in the file, save as, using this file naming convention, e.g.: UCSD SURPLUS SALES APR2022_CC0128
Example of a completed Merchant Receipt Template:
- Complete the Submit a ticket form as follows:
- I want to: Ask a Question or Make a Request
- About: Banking, Cash & Card Products
- Related To: Merchant Services
- More Specifically: Merchant Receipt Form
- Select Add Attachments and attach Merchant Receipt Template.