In the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool, also known as Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS), budget preparers use Task List 5 to budget non-compensation expenses for Unrestricted Funds. Updates are made on Form 5.1 Enter Unrestricted Funds Budget by Financial Unit which allows direct input of non-compensation expense budgets, as well as Revenue and Internal Resource transfer budgets. Form 5.1 is populated with two years' worth of historical financial data for reference. Form 5.1 will also display any Staff and Faculty compensation data completed in Task Lists 1 and 2.
1. From the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool home page, click on Tasks.
2. Navigate to Task List 5 Review and Manage Non-Core Fund Budgets, expand the triangle to display Task 5.1 Enter Unrestricted Funds Budget by Financial Unit, click to load the form.
3. In Form 5.1 Enter Unrestricted Funds Budget by Financial Unit, update the Point of View (POV) using EFinUnit to select the Financial Unit you want to view.
4. Once EFinUnit has been selected and highlighted in yellow, click the Arrow icon to save changes, otherwise your changes will not be saved.
5. Locate the Fund, Function and Project that you wish to budget on. In the Direct Input column where white cells are displayed, enter budget figures on any Account field that is available, as edits are made, cells display yellow.
6. Click Save and the cells will change to white indicating that the entries have been successfully updated.
7. A confirmation message displays indicating the data was saved, click OK to close the message.
1. In Form 5.1 Enter Unrestricted Funds Budget by Financial Unit, locate the Fund, Function and Project that you wish to budget on. In the Direct Input column, right-click on any cell and select Add Account from the Action menu.
2. FS_AddAccount box will display populated with information for the FinUnit, Function, Fund and Project that is currently being budgeted. If all are correct, those selections should be left as-is, except for Account. If needed, clear any account code that is displayed so that the box is empty.
3. Click the Member Selector icon next to Select Account.
4. The Select a Member box will display.
a. Account numbers can be searched for in the Search Account box or use the arrows to drill through the account hierarchy to locate the Account code that needs to be added.
5. Once the Account is located, select it, a blue checkmark denotes selection, and click OK.
6. You will return to the FS_AddAccount box and the chosen Account is now added in the Select Account box, click Launch.
7. You will return to Form 5.1, confirmation displays, the FS_AddAccount function was successful, click OK to close the message.
8. The added Account code now displays and a white cell is available to enter a budget figure, click Save after making changes.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.