How to Delete or Withdraw a Journal Entry
This article provides steps on how to Delete or Withdraw a Journal Entry.
- To Delete a JE means that it will no longer be available for anyone to view or post.
- To Withdraw a JE means can be edited and resubmitted to go through the approval for posting or deleted.
- Withdrawing a JE will remove it from your JE approvers queue.
- Central offices only have one level of approval.
- Journal Entries (JE) submitted by Departments will have two levels of approvers.
- If the JE is approved by the first approver, the JE can NOT be Deleted or Withdrawn by the creator.
- In this situation, the second approver must reject the JE before the JE can be Deleted or Withdrawn.
- If you need to know who your approver is, refer to KB0033530: How to Find Your GL Journal Entry Approver
- If the JE is approved by both approvers, then the JE will already be posted to the GL. In this situation, the JE can not be Withdrawn or Deleted.
How to Delete a Journal Entry
- From Oracle home screen, click on General Accounting > Journals > Icon for Task List > Manage Journals.
- Enter Journal Name.
- If you are unsure about the Accounting Period, leave the field blank and click on Search.
- Click on the Journal that needs to be deleted.
- The Batch Status must be Unposted.
- To see if there have been any approvals on the Journal, next to the Journal Batch Name click on Show More > tab Action Log.
- Click on the Batch Actions Dropdown icon > Delete.
How to Withdraw a Journal Entry
- From Oracle home screen, click on General Accounting > Journals > Icon for Task List > Manage Approvals.
- This will give you a list of your JEs that are pending approval/posting.
- To the right, you will be able to see who needs to approve the journal.
- Click on the JE row that you would like to withdraw so the row is highlighted (do not click on the hyperlinked Journal Batch name).
- Click on Withdraw.