How to Change the POETAF or Chart String on a PO Invoice
This article teaches how to update the POETAF or chart string being used to pay for a Purchase Order Invoice. You can do this by navigating to the purchase order, viewing details on the purchase order, and viewing invoices on the purchase order.
- When reviewing Invoices as a Financial Unit approver, it is important to check for POET information on the approval email or Oracle notification.
- If different, a different POET or chart string should be used, then the update needs to take place at the Purchase Order level.
- The required process will depend on whether Invoices have already been received or paid against the Purchase Order already.
- To correct Invoices that have already been paid on the incorrect POET or chart string, a Cost Transfer will need to be processed (KB0033457: How to Initiate a Full or Partial Cost Transfer in Oracle PPM).
Navigate to the Purchase Order
- Log on to OFC, on Home page, select Procure to Pay, then select Purchase Orders.
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon at the right.
- In Search, select Orders, enter the PO number.
- Press the Enter key to search.
View Details on the Purchase Order
- Look to the Order Life Cycle:
- If there is only an Ordered bar, then no Invoices have been received or paid on the PO.
- If there is also an Invoiced bar, then Invoices have been received.
- Click View Details for more information.
View Invoices on the Purchase Order
- Scroll down to the Invoices section.
- If there are any non-zero amounts in the Paid column, then the PO has been partially or fully paid.
NOTE: Now that you know whether or not Invoices have been paid or received, refer to our Promapp for next steps.