How to Review Capital Details in EPBCS Web Application
This article describes how to review capital details via Task 8.3. This is the final step in entering capital planning details in the Capital Planning Tool.
- This article assumes a user has been provisioned for the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool.
- For questions on whether or not you should be provisioned and guidance on logging in to the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool, please refer to KB0033091: How to Login to the Oracle Budgeting and Planning Tool EPBCS.
- Data visibility and entry will be limited according to appropriate layers of the Financial Unit hierarchy.
- The first row in the form is called the Point of View (POV) and contains Dimensions (variables) that drive which data is displayed in the table.
- The Dimensions in the POV are:
- Scenario – Base Budget
- Version – Working
- Fund – restricts form data to the specific Fund specified.
- Function – restricts form data to the specific Function specified.
- Project – funding source project
- Cell colors have meaning:
- Grey – indicates a cell that cannot be edited.
Navigating to Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit from Home Page
NOTE: Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit is a reference only form. No data will be entered here.
- Navigate to the EPBCS environment and access the Capital Planning Tool.
- On the EPBCS Home Page, click on the Tasks tile.
- Click on the caret to the left of 8 - Review and Manage Capital Planning to expand the Task List.
- Click on Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit to open the form.
- OR -
Navigating to Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit from Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary
- From Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary, click the Next button in the top-right corner to bring up Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit
Reviewing Capital Details
- On form 8.3, verify all POV selections are correct.
NOTE: Forms will render with date columns rolled-up to the Fiscal Year level by default when first accessed, however, time-period columns can be expanded.
- To drill-down into Quarters, click on the [+] button to the left of Year Total.
- To drill-out of Quarters, click on the [-] button to the left of Year Total.
- Based on the POV selections, this form displays all Project References by Financial Unit. Verify all data present is complete and correct.
- Project Reference is used to indicate the capital project being funded or the asset/loan for which debt is already being repaid.
- For projects being planned or under construction (Active-Debt Pending and One-Time Outlay) Project Reference is pulled from the PPM Capital Project Hierarchy. These records start with ‘PR_’
- For projects or debt already in repayment (Active-Debt Sold) Project Reference is pulled from the Debt File uploaded by the Campus Treasury Office. These records start with ‘SP_’
- If something is missing, circle back to either KBA0033776 - How to Enter Capital Debt Services in EPBCS Web Application, or KBA0033775 - How to Enter One-Time Outlays in EPBCS Web Application dependent on the scenario.