How to Request Access to Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS)
This article serves as a step-by-step guide on how to access and complete the form to request roles for Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS).
- Please note, Access to Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC) is distinct from Oracle Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS). If OFC access is needed, please reference, KB0032241: How to Request Oracle and Concur Roles for instructions on filling out the first four questions on the form.
- The Oracle and Concur Role Request Form is used for both OFC and EPBCS role requests.
- EPBCS data access is determined by user assignments to Financial Unit groupings based on levels of the Financial Unit hierarchy, with Level C being the lowest assignable level.
- VC Offices, Divisions, and Departments are advised to designate individuals familiar with roles, and access guidelines to coordinate and vet access requests.
- To validate existing user Financial Unit assignments, refer to the EPBCS Access by Financial Unit report.
- If an EPBCS user changes departments, the form now includes a question to specify if a user’s existing financial unit assignment(s) are to be removed.
- Click the link to be directed to the Oracle and Concur Role Request Form.
- Skip to Step 3 if submitting for yourself; the ‘Requested For’ field will auto populate with your name. If you are submitting on behalf of a person in your department, search for and select their name within the dropdown list.
- The first four questions pertain to OFC access requests. Skip down to the fifth question, “Does the person need access to Oracle Budget roles in EPBCS?” and select ‘Yes’.
- An additional question, “Is the person new to UCSD?” will appear. Select the appropriate option.
- If the person is new to UCSD, proceed to step 6. If not, specify whether the financial unit access being requested is in addition to the person's existing access, or if the existing access should be replaced with the units specified in this request.
- Specify if the person requires elevated Oracle Roles by selecting “Yes” or “No” in the dropdown.
- Check the Acknowledgement box and click 'Next'.
- Within the ‘Oracle Budget Roles’ section, click the arrow to reveal additional fields.
- Enter the approving Financial Unit by searching within the dropdown list.
- Select the required level of Financial Unit hierarchy access: Vice Chancellor Office, Division, or Department.
- Enter the specific Financial Unit(s) the user requires access to.
- Provide a business case or reason for the request and click ‘Next’.
- Click 'Submit’.
- Upon submission, a SNOW ticket will be created and routed to the relevant teams for EPBCS access provisioning. The user will receive a notification once the SNOW ticket is completed and closed.