How to Create a Travel & Entertainment Card Action Request
This article covers creating a Request for any Travel and Entertainment Card updates in Concur. Concur will identify the employee payee under the Payment Type (Payment to Employee as the user submitting the Expense Report, or User that the delegate is acting on behalf of).
- For directions on how to apply for a new card, refer to article KB0032026, How to request a new Travel & Entertainment Card.
- To process a Request on behalf of another UCSD employee, the employee will need to add you as their delegate.
- To learn how to assign users to act on your behalf, refer to article KB0031969, How to add a Request Delegate and an Expense Delegate in Concur.
- To learn how to act as a delegate for another user, refer to article KB0031975, How to act as a Delegate in Concur.
- Concur will identify the employee payee under the Payment Type:
- Payment to Employee as the user submitting the Expense Report, or
- User that the delegate is acting on behalf of.
- The following actions are available in Concur, other than requesting a New Card:
- Close/Cancel Card
- Limit Increase/Decrease
- Reload Declining Balance Card
- Update Billing Address or Mail Code
- Update Name on Card
- Log into Concur using your Single Sign-On.
- From the homepage select Start a Request.
- In the Request Header, for the Request Type, select Card & Payment Products Request, this updates the form to the Card & Payment Products form.
- In the User Type select UCSD Employee and in the Payment Product Type, select UCSD Travel and Entertainment Card.
- Fill out all of your Chart of Account information in the Request Header: Fund, Financial Unit, Approver, Function.
- In the Business Purpose/Additional Information section, enter the Business Purpose for the card action, e.g. making a change and then click on Create Request.
- In the Expected Expenses section, click on Add.
- A pop-up box will appear, and under 25. University Card, select the desired card action:
- In this example, we are updating the name on card, in Expense Type, select Update Name on Card.
- Fill out the required fields and click Save.
- To add any required attachments for the card change type, select Attachments, and select Attach Documents.
- To submit the Request, select Submit Request and then Accept and Submit.
- The Request will be routed to the Financial Unit approver, then routed to the Travel Card team for final review; typically Card Action Requests are completed by the Travel Card team within 1 business day.