How to Track a Package or Freight
This article provides crucial support information regarding UC San Diego packages and freight handled by Logistics: Receiving and Distribution (7835 Trade Street, Suite 100), the primary location mandated by UC San Diego policy for processing incoming packages, underlining the significance of this central hub in the university's logistics operations.
- Logistics protects your packages from damages and shortages and deals with any freight claims.
- Avoid using this address to receive personal packages.
- Logistics retains the right to return personal packages that are received by faculty and staff.
- Contact the vendor to obtain a Tracking Number and Carrier Name for your package.
- Track your package through the carrier's website: FedEx, UPS, or USPS external sites to confirm your package has arrived at Logistics.
- Once you have confirmed the package has been delivered to Logistics, track it internally using the Tracking: Logistics to Campus feature (large middle tile).
- Track the package by inputting the Tracking Number in the Item ID field (recommended). Alternatively, you can use the left panel to enter other package information such as Purchase Order Number (PO) or Recipient Name, but that may not yield the best search results. Click "Apply."
- If you wish to track using the Tracking Number information only, you can also utilize the Search feature located at the top right of the blue navigation bar.
- Determine the status of your package by referencing the status key below:
Received and processed by Logistics
Staged for Delivery
On delivery truck to campus
Delivered to the recipient location
Delivery was attempted
- When Logistics processes your package, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org letting you know we have your package and it will be delivered the next business day unless it is equipment that needs special services, in which case we will contact you to discuss.
- If you still need to submit a ticket, provide us with the Tracking Number and Purchase Order Number, if applicable, of your package.