How to Create a Requisition from a Quote in Oracle Procurement
This article teaches how to create a requisition in Oracle Procurement based on a multi-line quote provided by a supplier.
- Creating a requisition from a multi-line quote using this method results in the fewest invoice holds and payment delays.
- The punchouts below offer quote retrieval, which is a faster way of creating a quote-based requisition than entering the quote line by line:
- B&H Photo
- BKM Officeworks
- Fisher Scientific
- HD Supply
- Sigma Aldrich
- Refer to our other articles for more general walkthroughs on punchouts and request forms:
- Duplicating lines during checkout can be faster than filling out the same form multiple times.
- Double-checking each line before checking out ensures information is populated correctly.
- Do NOT create a line item for shipping.
- Do NOT include tax in the amount when completing the request form.
- A full list of purchasing categories can be found on Blink.
When Possible, Retrieve the Quote from the Punchout
- Instead of entering the quote into one of the request forms, retrieve it directly from the punchout.
- In Critical Concepts above, check to see if your supplier is one that offers punchout quote retrieval.
- Reach out to the supplier if you have trouble retrieving the quote.
Complete a Request Form for the First Line Item on the Quote
- Select the appropriate request form, referring to the articles in Critical Concepts above if you are unsure.
- Populate the request form according to the first item on the quote.
- Do NOT include tax in the amount as that will be calculated automatically.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click the Shopping Cart.
- Click Review
Duplicate the Request Form in Checkout
- In checkout, click the stack of papers icon to duplicate, and repeat as many times as you need to match the number of line items existent on the quote.
- Click the second line item.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the following form information to match the second line on the quote.
- Item Description
- Quantity (may or may not be present depending on the request form)
- Category Name (Purchasing Category)
- When finished, click OK.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for as many lines as are on the quote.
- Use the Edit Multiple Lines feature to populate the billing, deliver-to location, and requestor for each line.
- Refer to KB0033014: How to Multi-Edit Requisition Lines in Oracle Procurement.
- If distribution fields such as work order, inventorial equipment, or research equipment apply to your order, perform the following for each line:
- Click on the line item.
- Scroll down to Billing.
- In Billing, scroll right to Distribution Flexfields.
- Check or populate the proper distribution fields.
- At the top right, click Submit.