How to Recycle Used Printer Toners
This article offers clear instructions for recycling empty toner cartridges, specifically tailored for users of laser printers. By providing step-by-step guidance, the article aims to promote environmentally friendly practices and responsible disposal of toner cartridges. It emphasizes the importance of recycling to reduce environmental impact and offers a practical guide for users to follow in the recycling process.
- Toner boxes must be taped up or in a container that is guaranteed not to spill.
- Resins, polymers and other chemicals in toners can be detrimental if inhaled or spilled, so toners will not be picked up if they are not in a contained and sealed package or container.
- Log in to the Logistics Portal (SSO/VPN).
- Navigate to Logistics Request Form icon.
- Click on the icon to access all Logistics forms.
- Select Pickup Request and fill out the required fields.
- Once you submit your form, you will receive a confirmation with documentation for the service.
- Make sure your toner boxes are taped up or in a container that is guaranteed not to spill, and hand the labeled toner to a Receiving and Distribution Driver.
- If you are at an off-campus location that Receiving and Distribution does not deliver to but has a Mail Services mail code, include the toners with your mail pick up.
- Mail Services will bring it back to their location for Receiving and Distribution to pick up.