How to Edit the Chart String Account Value and Determine What Will Categorize Your Purchase
This article details how to edit the Chart String Account Value and how to determine the categorization of your purchase. Complete this by navigating to the account value field and then search for an account value. When you place an order in Oracle Procurement, the Account segment of the Chart String (Charge Account) will always change to match the item(s) you are purchasing.
- If you are not using a POET Project, the Account will update based on the Purchasing Category.
- Reference the Purchasing Categories Blink page to see which Accounts map to which Purchasing Categories.
- If you are using a POET Project, the Account will update based on the selected Expenditure Type.
- Regardless of the fact that the Account will always update, a default Account value must be chosen when the Chart String is added to your Requisition Preferences:
- It is recommended to select the Account value that matches the items you will most frequently be ordering.
- The Account will update to match the purchasing category of whatever you are ordering, so it is inconsequential what you choose.
- Neither Expenditure Type nor Account determine taxability - taxability is based on the purchasing category.
Navigate to the Account Value Field
- Next to where you enter the Chart String, click on the stacked rectangles.
- In Charge Account dialog box, select the arrow next to Account field.
- Click Search
Search for an Account Value
- Click Advanced to expand your search options.
- In, Description, change the selection to Contains.
- In Description, enter a keyword to search for any Account with that word in the description.
- Click Search
- Select an appropriate result and click OK.