The article describes how to find a GL Journal Entry approver for a user with UCSD GL Journal Entry JR. Specifically, you will learn how to use the Campus User Roles report to find the Line Manager, how to use the Oracle Application to find the Line Manager, how to request Line Manager Assignment Changes, and known issues with Viewing Pending Journals.
1. Go to Business Analytics Hub and log in.
2. Click on Budget & Finance tab.
3. Search Campus User Roles.
4. Under Campus User Roles click Launch.
5. If required, log into Oracle as usual using Company Single Sign-On.
6. View results by entering data for one of the following criteria in the fields at top of page, partial terms are supported:
7. When fields are complete, click Apply to generate the results for the report.
8. If the Line Manager column is empty for the UCSD GL Journal Entry JR rows (as shown in the image below), then a Line Manager needs to be assigned per the instructions in the section below (How to Request Line Manager Assignment Changes).
9. If the Line Manager column has a name for the UCSD GL Journal Entry JR roles, then that person is the Line Manager for the user.
Option 2: How to use the OFC application to find the Line Manager
1. Go to Oracle Financials Cloud and log in.
2. Click on the Navigator button at the top left corner of the OFC home page.
3. Click the Tools section to open it.
4. Click Directory icon
5. In the search field highlighted below, enter person name, department, job, phone, other keywords to search for the person, and then click the magnifying glass button to continue.
6. Click on the name of the person to view details.
7. If no Manager & Peers header under the person's information is displayed or the Line Manager is not correct, then continue to the next section below.
How to Request Line Manager Assignment Changes
1. Go to the Budget & Finance Submit a Ticket form and then enter the following information:
2. After case is submitted and completed, repeat steps 1 to 7 and confirm the Line Manager is assigned under the Managers and Peers section.
Known Issue with Viewing Pending Journals
1. Currently, there's an issue with viewing your pending journals in Oracle through the Manage Approvals screen. After submitting journals for approval, the user can navigate to the BPM Worklist.
2. Click on the Bell icon at the top right area of the window.
3. Click Show All button.
4. Click the Worklist button.
5. BPM Worklist window will pop up, then click Initiated Tasks and open the Journal requests.
6. From there, you can check the approvals for the journal and/or withdraw the journal.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.