How to Request Oracle and Concur Roles
This article will describe how to determine existing roles and how to request new Oracle and Concur roles.
Departments should identify a few people per unit to become familiar with the roles and access request guidelines to help coordinate and vet access requests. You should review and discuss appropriate roles with your Financial Unit approvers before submitting a request.
Tasks Prior to Submitting an Oracle & Concur Access Request
- All employees established in UCPath and affiliates established in the MyAffiliates tool will automatically have a basic level of access to Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC), $0 PO Requisitioner role in OFC, and Concur.
- Use the process outlined below to check for roles already assigned to your user profile, to have your access request processed in the most efficient manner.
- The Campus User Roles report provides a list of all users set up in Oracle and the roles they have been provisioned.
- Follow the instructions in this article: KB0032242, How to Look Up User Roles in Oracle
- This report details:
- All users who have SSO accounts (Active Directory or Business Systems access) will be included in this report.
- If an individual is not included in this report, that person does not have an SSO account set up in OFC.
Completing the Oracle and Concur Role Request
Health System Employees Requesting Oracle & Concur Approver Roles
- For UCSD Health employees looking to request Financial Unit Signature Authorization for invoices for Oracle, Concur and/or Premier systems, please complete the request on the Health Supply Chain service portal.
- Doing so will authorize signature authority across all systems.
- The policy as well as the instructions to request, modify or remove signature authority can be found at this link.
Services & Support Role Approvers & How to Approve Role Requests
Role Assignment Review Process
- After Financial Unit approval, roles requests will be reviewed for separation of duties, conflicts by internal controls.
- Separation of duties is necessary to ensure transactions are being completed in a manner that prevents errors or fraud.
- Roles that are identified as elevated will be reviewed for proper access by domain leads.
- Once roles are approved by the department and central office, the user will be provisioned in Oracle and Concur.
- The approver and individual provisioned will receive notification through an email.
What to do if your role request does not close?
- Submit a Ticket to have the Security Team review the status of your request.
- Select the following options on the form
- I want to: Ask a Question or Make a Request
- About: Access Requests to Financial Systems
- Related to: Oracle Financials Cloud
- More Specifically: Oracle Financials Cloud (Access or Role Inquiries)
- Subject: Need update on RITM(insert number)
- The Security Team can manually assign Oracle roles that were approved and not provisioned yet.
Role Conflicts to Avoid
We highly recommend that role requestors check the Campus User Roles report before requesting additional approver roles. Monitoring efforts have been established to resolve these conflicts.
- Users cannot have the Department Head approver and Special Entertainment Approver role for the same financial unit code.
- Please note that Concur only grants either the Department Head Approver or the Special Entertainment Approver role per Financial Unit, but not both.
- Please note that Concur needs the financial unit approver to be different from the Department Head approver also.
- Users cannot have the UCSD GL Journal Entry JR role and a Department Shopper Job Grade at the same time.