In the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool, also known as Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS), budget preparers use Task List 1 and Task List 2 to budget salary and benefits for staff and faculty members in their Financial Unit. Any updates to Staff or Faculty compensation are made on Forms 1.2 for Staff and 2.2 for Faculty. You should use the Create Vacant Position action if you need to add a Position to your roster that is missing, for instance, the employee may have been recently hired and was not included in the snapshot roster loaded into EPBCS from UCPath. Additionally, you should use the Create Vacancy on Existing Position action if you need to plan for an employee leaving their position at some point during the budget planning year, for instance, an employee may be retiring halfway through the fiscal year and their position will remain vacant for the second half of the year.
The following steps assume budget preparer has user access to Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool and is logged in.
The steps below show two examples of how to create a Vacancy for a Staff member on Form 1.2 either as a New Vacant Position or as a Vacancy on an Existing Position on your roster.
The steps are identical to create a Vacancy for a Faculty member except the actions would be performed on Form 2.2 vs 1.2 for Staff.
1. From the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool home page, click on Tasks.
2. Select Task List 1 Review and Manage Staff Planning, expand the triangle to display Task 1.2 Manage Existing Staff and Other Academic (Non-Faculty) Positions, click to load the form.
3. In Form 1.2 Manage Existing Staff and Other Academic (Non-Faculty) Positions, update Years to the budget planning year to display your roster, e.g. FY25, and update EFinUnit to the Financial Unit you want to view.
4. Once Years and EFinUnit have been updated and highlighted in yellow, click the Arrow icon, to save and continue, otherwise your selections will not be saved.
5. Right-click on any cell within the form and from the Action menu that appears, select Create Vacant Position.
6. STFN_GRV_CreateVacancy dialog box will display, update the information below:
a. Update the Source Project, Fund and Function.
b. Enter a Start Date, generally the first day of the budget planning year i.e. July 1st.
c. Select either a Vacant Recurring or One-Time Position tag.
d. In Select Job Code drop down menu, select the applicable Job Code.
e. Click Launch
7. You will return to Form 1.2, a confirmation dialog box displays indicating the Create Vacancy function was successful, click OK to close the message.
8. At the bottom of the roster, locate and verify that the Vacant Position Line has been added.
9. Verify that all required information is complete for the Vacant Position Line such as Start Date, Compensation Rate, Actual Pay Distribution %, Employee Class and Position Budget Type.
10. Click Save, a confirmation dialog box displays, click OK to continue.
1. Locate the Distribution Line for the individual that will be vacating their position, right click, on Action menu, select Create Vacancy on Existing Position.
2. STFN_GRV_CreateExistingVacancy dialog box will display populated with information for that individual.
3. Enter both a Start Date and an End Date for the Vacancy on Existing Position that are within the budget planning year, generally, the Start Date may be one day after the End Date i.e. Start Date = 2/1/2024 and End Date = 1/31/2024
4. Click Launch
5. You will return to Form 1.2 a confirmation message displays indicating the Create Existing Vacancy function was successful, click OK to close the message.
6. Locate the Distribution Line for the individual that will be vacating their position. The End Date column populates with the selected End Date.
7. The Vacancy (Existing) Line below their name displays the Start Date for the vacancy.
8. Verify that all required information is complete for the Vacancy (Existing) Line such as Start Date, Compensation Rate, Actual Pay Distribution %, and Position Budget Type.
9. Click Save and a confirmation dialog box displays, click OK to close message.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.