There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
To obtain reimbursement for non-event business-related expenses, employees are required to submit a Non-event Reimbursement Expense Report in Concur. This summary underscores the specific process and platform involved in claiming reimbursements for expenses unrelated to organized events.
The following process applies to all non-event reimbursement Concur Expense Types with added steps for noting gift/award recipients, Attendees in Concur, specifically required for Gift/Prize/Award expense types.
Either the employee or an employee's delegate can perform the following process to have non-event expenses reimbursed.
1. Log in to Concur.
2. If acting as a delegate on behalf of another employee, from Profile, select that user.
3. Select Expense at the top of page.
4. Select Create New Report.
5. For Report Type, select Event Expenses and Other Reimbursements.
6. For Report Name, enter the reference name for the reimbursement.
a. 32-character limit; e.g. 10-2020 BFS Supplies A. Name.
7. For Payee Type, select Employee.
8. In Business Purpose, select Non-event Reimbursement.
9. Enter the required Chart of Accounts (CoA) information:
a. Financial Unit
d. Fund - required field even though there is no red asterisk
e. Other chartstring values as applicable
***See related Knowledge Base Article on searching for CoA information.
10. For Business Purpose/Additional Information, add supporting details for the non-event reimbursable expense(s).
a. You may claim multiple reimbursable expenses in a single report and in each expense entry, add a Comment in the Details section.
11. Select Create Report.
12. On the next screen, select Add Expense.
13. In the dialog box, select Create New Expense.
a. For a reimbursement expense, you will manually add the expense.
14. Select the appropriate Expense Type from the list.
15. In the Expense Details tab, select:
a. Expense Type: Auto-populated from selection
b. Transaction Date: Enter date
c. Payment Type: Payment to Employee
d. Amount: Total amount of the reimbursable expense (do not reduce by the sales tax amount)
e. Comment: Supporting business purpose details for the expense (when claiming multiple reimbursable expenses).
f. Expenditure Type: Required when associated with a Project, check to see if taxable
When an expense is associated with a Project, the expense will post to the ledger according to the Project Expenditure Type rather than the default CoA Account value tied to the Concur Expense Type.
16. Determine if sales tax was paid from the receipt/invoice and enter the appropriate amount
17. Select Attach Receipt Image, proof of payment for expense should match claimed reimbursement amount.
18. In Attach Receipt dialog box, select Upload Receipt Image or one in the receipt bank.
a. See How to Upload and Email Receipts to Concur on uploading/emailing receipts to Concur.
19. Select receipt file.
Steps 20–26: Adding Attendees (for Gift/Prize/Award expense types)
20. In the Expense Details tab, select Attendees.
21. On the Attendees page, click Add.
22. For new Attendees, select the Attendees tab.
23. For the Attendee Type, select Faculty/Staff (active employees).
24. In Attendee Name, enter Last Name, First Name, search and select.
a. If not displaying, select More Search Options to Add to List.
25. Select Close, then Save.
26. Select Save Expense.
27. Repeat steps until all appropriate reimbursable expenses have been added.
28. Select Submit Report.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.