Payment Compass Registration Tips
This article provides tips for specific Payment Compass Registration scenarios.
Traveler Registration Tips
- A Traveler is anyone, traveling for business on behalf of the University, including those that will be reimbursed for their expenses or will have their expenses prepaid directly by the department.
- Here are some helpful tips for registering Payees who will receive Travel reimbursements:
- Non-Employees traveling on behalf of the University must register in Payment Compass, even if they are not personally receiving a reimbursement, there are no exceptions.
- Concur requires a Payee Name and Number for Non-Employee Payees for reporting reasons.
- If a traveler is performing services on behalf of their job, they should not be setup as a traveler, i.e. giving a workshop on topic “X" for "X" company, a PO should be submitted through Oracle.
- When inviting a Traveler to register in Payment Compass, advise them to use the name of the entity, either individual person or company, that the payment is being made out to, Failure to do so will cause delays in registration.
- If a traveler is being reimbursed personally, they should register as an individual.
- If a traveler wants their company reimbursed, they will need to register their business as a Supplier.
- Any Employees (including Student Employees) should not register in Payment Compass, but instead should verify their information is correct in UCPath.
- Reference KB0032139: Who can access Concur?
- Any Students registering to receive Travel reimbursements should refer to the Students Self-Registering section in KB0031956: How Subrecipients Submit Invoices through Payment Compass.
PO Supplier Registration Tips
- Here are some helpful tips for registering Suppliers in Oracle:
- Proxy registration is not available for PO registrations.
- Suppliers registering in Oracle can be directed to the IPPS website page about Payment Compass if they have any difficulties completing the registration.
- To claim the small/diverse business classification:
- Suppliers must comply with federal, state, and local reporting requirements and produce an official certification of their status.
- If a small/diverse business does not have the proper certifications, Payee should select large business concern or decline to answer regardless of the size of their business.
- Suppliers may reach out to the Small Business and Diversity Office (SBDO) for assistance in this process.
Non-PO Payee Registration Tips
- Here are some helpful tips for registering as a Non-PO Payee:
- Any Employees (including Student Employees) should not register in Payment Compass, but instead verify that their information is correct in UCPath.
- Payees with inactive Payee IDs who request to be added into the UC San Diego Financial System must complete a new registration in Payment Compass.
- Be sure to fill out the registration form (addresses, Social Security Number (SSN), Tax ID) with the correct information.
- Providing the Payee's employer information will cause the Payment Compass account to be registered as the company, and not as the individual themselves.
- If a Payee is registering as a business and has a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), please instruct them to provide their FEIN.
- If they do not have a FEIN, they can use their SSN.
- Payees that request to be receive PO and Non-PO payments will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis by IPPS.
- Proxy registration is available for Non-PO Payees.
- A visual guide to filling out the Non-PO Registration Form can be found here.
- A visual guide to filling out the PO Registration Form can be found here.