This article guides the user through processing Personal/Non-Reimbursable University Card charges in Concur when the Procurement Card or Travel & Entertainment Card is erroneously used for personal/non-reimbursable expenses. This process includes advising the Cardholder, Reconciling the Transaction(s) in Concur, and submitting a cashiers deposit form for repayment (when applicable).
Advise the Cardholder
1. Instruct cardholder to reach out to the supplier to refund the University Card and provide a personal form of payment.
Reconcile the Transaction(s) in Concur
1. Add the card charge to a Concur Expense Report using the Personal/Non-reimbursable expense type for the specific transaction.
a. Personal/Non-Reimbursable Expenses in Concur require the cardholder/user's department chart string be entered into their profiles (Profile Settings > Expense Information); if the user/cardholder does not have chart string information in their Profile, they will be prompted to add their department's chart string before they can proceed with the expense report. Note that when using the Personal / Non-Reimbursable expense type in Concur, the expense would not post to the department chart string even though it is required for the expense report. While the department chart string is required for the expense report in Concur, please note that a different COA is required for the Cashier Deposit Form - see Step 5 below.
b. If only a partial amount of the card charge is Personal/Non-reimbursable, please use the Itemization feature to itemize the allowable expense and the personal/non-reimbursable expense.
3. Select Report Details and then Report Totals to confirm that the employee must pay back the University.
a. If the Employee Pays section is $0.00, submit the Expense Report for approval - no further action is needed.
i. If there is an amount owed to the cardholder on the same or subsequent Concur Expense Report that is equal to or greater than the Personal/Non-reimbursable amount, then the system will automatically deduct the Personal/Non-reimbursable amount owed and repayment by check is not needed.
b. If the Employee Pays section is not $0.00, proceed to Step 4.
Submit a Cashier's Deposit Form for Repayment (When Applicable)
NOTE: Do not submit a check or fill out a Cashier's Deposit Form until the Concur expense report shows a final status of "Sent for Payment"
1. Submit an electronic Cashier’s Deposit Form (or ask your Fund Manager to submit) via Services & Support.
a. Complete the form with the information below:
DEPARTMENT: make a selection
BUSINESS UNIT: make a selection
EMAIL: skip as this should be auto-populated
RECEIPT TYPE: Miscellaneous
AMOUNT (with decimal): enter amount of the deposit with decimal (ensure this matches the check and the "Total Owed by Employee" or "Employee Pays" amount in the Report Totals screen within the Expense Report in Concur)
TAX AMOUNT: leave blank
CASH DEPOSIT - CHART STRING(S): click Add and follow Step 5 below
DEPOSIT DESCRIPTION: include the name of the individual sending the check (if applicable), the full name of the cardholder, include a note this is for a "P-card or T&E Card Personal Charge Repayment" and Concur Report ID number (which can be obtained from the Concur Expense Report Header).
2. Since the charge was made on a centrally-billed University Card, it was paid by the University (specifically, UCSD IPPS) and the transaction resides in the UCSD Travel/Procurement Card clearing account. Solely for the repayment/deposit steps, you must complete the following fields and use the specific chart string below to repay the proper UCSD financial unit. Note that when using the Personal / Non-Reimbursable expense type in Concur, the expense would not post to the department chart string even though it is required for the expense report.
a. Deposit Type: Concur Reimbursement (Note: this was formerly "Other")
b. Payment Amount: enter amount to be deposited again (ensure this matches the check and the "Total Owed by Employee" or "Employee Pays" amount in the Report Totals screen within the Expense Report in Concur).
c. CHART OF ACCOUNTS INFORMATION field for the Cash Deposit should be automatically populated with the below:
i. Entity: 16150/Fund: 13001/Financial Unit: 5000051/Account: 101063/Function: 000/Program: 000/Location: 000000/Funding Source: 0000000/Project: 00000000.
ii. IMPORTANT: do not use this chart string in the Concur expense report – your department chart string is used for the Concur Expense Report (See Step B.2.a above) while the above chart string should only be used for the Cashier's Deposit Form.
3. Write a check payable to UC Regents and send it to the following address (either via USPS or Intracampus mail) and provide the Services and Support Case number used for the Cash Deposit along with the check:
UC San Diego Cashier’s Office
9500 Gilman Drive MC 0009
La Jolla, CA 92093-0009
4. After taking those steps, IPPS will ensure that the repayment will be applied against the credit memo. Clearing of the credit memo is done monthly after the month-end ledger closing.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.