How to Submit a Reopen General Ledger Request (UC San Diego Health Only)
This article describes how UC San Diego Health coordinates with Campus to reopen the General Ledger (GL) for an accounting period that was previously closed.
- UCSD San Diego Health Finance Team will provide schedule for meeting hold times a couple months before date of meeting.
- Upon receipt of schedule, Internal Controls & Accounting Team (ICA) will send out meeting invites for reopen process to be done in Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC).
- All GL Leads, Subledger Leads, FIS Configuration Team, and supporting staff must be present at the meeting to ensure the GL can close properly.
- The meeting to be scheduled before 3pm to ensure staff is available during regular working hours.
- Rescheduling must occur at least two business days ahead of previously scheduled meeting to allow for coordination efforts.
1. UC San Diego Health Finance Team to provide Internal Controls & Accounting (ICA) Team a schedule of meeting dates.
2. Internal Controls & Accounting Team (ICA) will send out meeting invites for reopen process to be done in Oracle Financials Cloud (OFC).
3. Meeting attendance is mandatory for GL Leads, Subledger Leads, and any staff supporting the reopen process:
- Meeting conflicts must be communicated to the meeting organizer.
- Delays in confirmation of attendance may prevent meeting from being held promptly.
- Subledger Leads and FIS Configuration Team (or authorized delegates) need to attend meeting to assist with error resolution so the GL closes promptly.
- These teams need to support errors that might occur when the GL close process runs during the meeting.
- Backup staff can attend if primary person is not available.
- If meeting is cancelled or not needed, then the meeting will be cancelled with note about reason for cancellation.
4. At Zoom meeting, ICA Team will run job to reopen GL in OFC.
5. UC San Diego Health Finance Team will submit journal entries for approval, approve them, and then run a financial statement to confirm balances are correct.
6. After all entries are processed and account balances are correct, ICA Team will run job to close GL in OFC.
7. If errors occur during the close job run, Subledger Leads and FIS Configuration Team need to assist with error resolution.
8. If error cannot be resolved, then the meeting can end and Teams work to resolve the issue.
9. Email notification will go out once the period is closed.