How to Order Specialty Gases
This article demonstrates how to order specialty gases. The Logistics STORE team is here to assist with drinking water, tax-free ethanol purchases, gas cylinder orders, campus PPE, and shipping supplies. To find answers, request services, or get help from our team, please submit a case via the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.
- The STORE warehouse is located at 7835 Trade Street, Suite 100.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of Class I, II, or III gases, contact the chemical safety officer at (858) 822-1579, before you order material.
- Please note, UCSD gas vendors no longer fill customer owned cylinders (COCs), requests to refills COCs can no longer be accommodated.
- We have partnered with our vendors to provide bundled pricing so there are no longer any recurring monthly rental costs for gas cylinders.
- Log in to Oracle Procurement.
- Go to your home page and select Purchase Requisitions under the Procure to Pay tab.
- Under the Request Forms box, select Specialty Gas and Hardware (STORE).
- Fill out the Request Form, and submit it for approval.
- At checkout, your Project/Task/Funding Source information are required, this can be found using the Mapped Index Tool or by confirming with your department's Financial Unit approver.
- Please note, Lead times are dependent on the gas ordered and will be included with the quote:
- Lead times can range anywhere from 3-5 business days to 2-3 months.
- You may not return specialty gas for credit, unless the vendor has made an error.