Faculty and staff may add authorized individuals as delegates to prepare Concur Requests or Expense Reports on their behalf. There are two types of delegates in Concur: Request Delegates and Expense Delegates.
1. Watch the "How to Add a Request Delegate and an Expense Delegate in Concur" Training video (click the image below)
Video: How to Add a Request Delegate and an Expense Delegate in Concur
The Request and Expense modules share Delegates, by assigning permissions to a Delegate in one area, you are assigning permissions for both Request and Expense.
To set up a Request Delegate, perform the following steps (which correspond to setting up a Expense Delegate):
1. Log into Concur using your Single Sign-On, see KB0032034: How to Log Into Concur for more guidance on this procedure.
2. Select your initials on the upper right corner of page.
3. Select Profile Settings
4. In the left task pane, in Request Settings select Request Delegates or in the Expense Settings section select Expense Delegates.
5. In the Delegates tab, select Add.
6. In the search field, enter the Last, First name of the employee, you wish to become a Delegate for you, then select the employee.
7. Select the Add button to the right of search field.
8. The selected user will be added to the list of Delegates.
9. To manage their permissions, check the boxes corresponding to the actions they can take on your behalf.
10. Select Save
11. Review the Overview section, for the restrictions as to what a Delegate is able to do.
12. The Request and Expense modules share Delegates, by assigning permissions to a Delegate, you are assigning permissions for Expense and Request.
13. If you prefer to set up an Expense Delegate, even though they share permissions with the Request Delegate, perform the same procedure, and in Profile Options, select Expense Delegates.
The designated Delegate will now be able to act on your behalf within the Expense module and Request module.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494.