How to Enter One-Time Outlays in EPBCS Web Application
This article will describe how to enter one-time outlays via Task 8.2. This is one of the capital planning expenditure details that can be entered via the Capital Planning Tool.
- This article assumes a user has been provisioned for the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool.
- For questions on whether or not you should be provisioned and guidance on logging in to the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool, please refer to KB0033091: How to Login to the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Tool- EPBCS.
- Data visibility and entry will be limited according to appropriate layers of the Financial Unit hierarchy.
- The first row in the form is called the Point of View (POV) and contains Dimensions (variables) that drive which data is displayed in the table.
- The Dimensions in the POV are:
- Scenario – Base Budget
- Version – Working
- EFinUnit – restricts form data to the specific Financial Unit specified.
- Fund – restricts form data to the specific Fund specified.
- Function – restricts form data to the specific Function specified.
- Project – funding source project
- Cell colors have meaning:
- Grey – indicates a cell that cannot be edited.
- Golden (Brown-ish) – indicates a cell that a field is required for calculation purposes.
- White – indicates a cell that is editable.
- Yellow – indicates a cell that has been altered by entering in a red or white cell, but not yet saved.
Navigating to Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary from Home Page
- Navigate to the EPBCS environment and access the Capital Planning Tool.
- On the EPBCS Home Page, click on the Tasks tile.
- Click on the caret to the left of 8 - Review and Manage Capital Planning to expand the Task List.
- Click on Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary to open the form.
- OR -
Navigating to Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary from Task 8.1 Enter Capital Debt Services
- From Task 8.1 Enter Capital Debt Services, click the Next button in the top-right corner to bring up Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary.
Entering One-Time Outlays
- With Task 8.2 One-Time Outlays and Capital Monthly Summary open, the user will see all Project Reference lines associated with the intersections specified in the POV. Ensure the POV selections are correct.
- Each Project Reference line will have two sections, a section for One-Time Outlays (boxed in green), and a section for Debt Services (boxed in blue):
- To add a new one-time outlay, right-click on the blank square to the left of the budget planning Fiscal Year to initiate the Action Menu, then select Add Project Reference.
- A pop-up menu titled CX_AddProjectReference_Outlays will appear.
- All Dimension fields, except for Project Reference, will pre-populate from the POV selections within Task 8.1. Ensure the pre-populated Dimensions contain the desired selections.
- Enter the Project Reference if known, or click on the tree-structure icon to launch the Select a Member window.
- Project Reference is used to indicate the capital project being funded or the asset/loan for which debt is already being repaid.
- For projects being planned or under construction (Active-Debt Pending and One-Time Outlay) Project Reference is pulled from the PPM Capital Project Hierarchy. These records start with ‘PR_’
- For projects or debt already in repayment (Active-Debt Sold) Project Reference is pulled from the Debt File uploaded by the Campus Treasury Office. These records start with ‘SP_’
- Locate and select the desired Project, and verify a blue checkmark displays to the left of your selected Project, then click OK.
- After clicking OK, the user will return to the CX_AddProjectReference_Outlays pop-up menu. From here, verify the Project you selected in Step 6 is correct, then click Launch in the upper right-hand corner to populate form 8.2 with a new Capital Asset Detail row.
- An Information message will display indicating that the rule was run successfully, click OK to return to Task 8.2.
- Task 8.2 is now populated with a new Capital Asset Detail row using the information and Dimensions that were specified in Steps 3-9.
- Enter details as required and click Save located in the top-right corner of the form.
- Verify all data entered is correct.
- Click Next in the top-right corner to render Task 8.3 Review Capital Details by Financial Unit.
Please refer to KBA0033770 - How to Review Capital Details in EPBCS Web Application for detailed instructions on next steps.