There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
This article reviews both a Concur Request and Expense. A COA/POETAF validation error occurs in Concur when chartstring for Financial Unit information is entered incorrectly: Fund, Financial Unit, Function, Account, Program, Location, Project, Task, or Funding Source. Make sure to confirm with your Fund Manager that you are entering the correct COA/POETAF information. You should then correct the information for resubmission.
If the error message contains OP anywhere, e.g. POETAF Failed Validation [1001051.3.OP-534.], this means that a UCOP chartstring value has been used, hence the OP in the error message.
Review the document and confirm that all of the values end in -SD and not -OP
If you are unsure of the chartstring for Financial Unit information, please consult your Fund Manager.
Review the following locations in Concur for COA/POETAF potential errors:
1. Select the Requests module, the list of Active Requests will display, to change the view, select View then select the desired Request.
2. In the Request Header, review and verify the Fund, Financial Unit, Function, Program, Location, Project, Task, and Funding Source is correct.
1. Go to the Expenses section of the Request
2. Any Expense with an Allocation will be indicated with the word Allocated in the expense line.
3. Select View Allocation on the pop-up window, to view the Allocation.
4. Review the information to make sure that the Chart of Account is correct, then click Cancel.
1. Select the Expense module from the top of the page, select the desired Expense Report from the list.
2. In the Manage Expense tab, in Report Details, select Report Header from the drop-down menu.
3. In the Report Header, scroll down to the Financial information section and review to verify that no OP values are found, then click Cancel.
1. In same Expense Report, select an Expense to view Expense Details.
2. Scroll down to review the Expenditure Type field to ensure that no OP values are found.
3. If an OP value is entered, enter an SD value, if you don't have that information, consult your Fund Manager.
4. Review each Expense in the Expense Report, the Expenditure Type can differ on each Expense.
5. When done reviewing, click Cancel to return to Expense Report.
1. In the Expense Report, select an Expense, by clicking the checkbox, then select the Allocate button on the task bar.
2. Review the information to verify that no OP values are found.
3. To edit an Allocation, select the Allocation and then select Edit.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494