This article describes how to complete Payment Compass Registration.
- Any Employee, including Student Employees, wishing to update their remittance information should verify their information is correct in UCPath.
- All new Payees, except Employees, wishing to do business with UC San Diego must register in Payment Compass.
- Refer Payees to the IPPS Payment Compass Page.
- Departments can access the FAQ page for additional guidance on how to fill out the Registration form.
- UC San Diego Students should not be invited to Payment Compass.
- Students who aren't employees, can Self-Register in Payment Compass using the information in the Self-Registering section.
Inviting a New Payee
- Know what Invitation Type to send to the Payee, before starting a New Payee Request form.
- If you are unsure about which Invitation Type pertains to your Payee, contact IPPS through the Services & Support Portal or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494.
1. Log into Payment Compass.
2. At the top of the page, select the New Payee Request tab.
3. In New Payee Request, select the Invitation Type that pertains to Payee.
4. After selecting Invitation Type, enter the Business Purpose, Payee's Name, and email, then click Submit, to send the invitation.
How Payee Submits Registration
- Payee Registration form is required, creating a Payment Compass log-in account is not sufficient to be setup as a Payee.
1. When Payee Invitation is successful, Payee will receive an email with a link to create their Payment Compass account.
2. Payee clicks on Registration link in the email, Payee:
a. Creates a Password for Payment Compass.
b. Provides their Contact Information.
c. Fills out a Payee Registration form by providing their (or their company’s) information, including remit to information.
d. Reviews the information provided for accuracy and clicks Submit.
3. Requester will receive a confirmation email once the Payee has submitted the Registration.
a. If requester has not received the email, then the Payee has not submitted the Registration properly.
4. If the Payee has any questions about Registration that you are not able to answer, please contact the Services & Support Portal for further assistance.
5. Oracle (PO) Payees can be sent a link to the Payment Compass Page on the IPPS website for more guidance on the Registration process.
Proxy Registration Process - if applicable
- Please invite any potential Oracle Procurement Payees following the methods above.
- Proxy Registration is the ability to fill out a Registration form on behalf of a Payee.
- Proxy Registration is not available for Oracle (PO) Payee Registration.
- In order to register a Payee by proxy, you must have a completed W-9 form.
- All Proxy Registrations will default to payment by check.
1. To complete a Proxy Registration, under the prompt for Traveler’s name and Email, check the box that states, I am completing the registration form on behalf of the payee.
2. Once the invitation has been submitted, you will be prompted to enter the Traveler’s information from the W-9.
3. A confirmation email will be sent out once the Registration has been processed.
Final Steps for Requestor and Payee
- IPPS will review the Payee Registration within 5-7 business days, either completing the Registration process for the Payee in the UC San Diego Financial System or contact Payee or Requestor for more information.
- Once the Payee is available for use by UC San Diego, both the Payee and the Requestor will receive a confirmation email with their Payee ID.
- Depending on the Registration type, the Payee's Registration confirmation email will vary.
Students (not employees) Self Registering in Payment Compass
- Any Employees (including Student Employees) should not register in Payment Compass, instead verify their information is correct in UCPath.
- Please reference KB0032139: Who can access Concur?
1. To Self-Register, click here.
2. Once you have signed in with your Single Sign-On, select the Self-Registration tab.
a. Most information will be auto-populated.
3. Enter your Legal Address and select your Reimbursement Preferences.
4. On the last page, review information for accuracy, scroll down and click Submit.
5. Once the Registration has been submitted, within 5-7 business days, IPPS will review the Registration and either complete your Registration process or contact you for more information.
6. Once the Payee is available for use by UC San Diego, the Payee will receive a confirmation email with their Payee ID.
Employee-Supplier (EVRD) Relationship Disclosure (PO Registrations)
What is an Employee-Supplier(EVRD) relationship?
- An active UC employee proposes to rent, sell, or provide goods or services to the university.
- An active UC employee owns or controls more than 10% interest in the supplier who proposes to rent, sell or provide goods or services to the university.
- A former UC employee proposes to rent, sell, or provide goods or services to the university.
- A near relative or spouse of an active UC employee currently provides or is being proposed to provide, goods or services to the university.
- A near relative or spouse of an active UC employee owns or controls more than 10% interest in the supplier who currently provides, or is being proposed to supply, goods or services to the university.
Read more at Employee-Supplier (EVRD) Relationship Policy.
- Disclosing a relationship is not disclosing a conflict.
- The purpose is to identify any Employee-Supplier (EVRD) Relationships that would potentially cause a conflict of interest.
- The Supplier set up team will review the Payee set up request to ensure the relationship is not in conflict.
- If a Payee discloses an Employee-Supplier (EVRD) Relationship, the Registration will be sent to the IPPS EVRD team for review, which takes 2-3 business days.
- If a Supplier discloses an Employee-Supplier (EVRD) Relationship, the Registration will be sent to the IPPS EVRD team for review and an automatic email is simultaneously issued to the Department Requestor requesting additional documentation.
- All forms plus a statement of work, proposal, or quote are required for an internal review.
- Missing documentation, incomplete forms, inaccurate information, missing employee, former employee, and/or Department Head signatures, will increase the review time.
Conflict of Interest (COI)
- For Non-PO Registrations, Payees/vendors should review the statement (or the department should reach out if doing a proxy registration) and either select the top option ("I certify") or the botton option ("I cannot certify").
- Not being able to certify does not disqualify payees/vendors from doing business with the University, but we will need to reach out and ask a few questions before processing the registration.
- A conflict of interest can be defined as being any of the following situations:
- An existing University employee
- A former University employee
- An immediate family member of a current employee
- A company owned in part by a current employee
- Only Foreign Payees receiving taxable payments from the University must complete the Glacier process.
- Foreign Payees receiving only a Travel Reimbursement will not complete a Glacier form.
- The Glacier process should be initiated if the following Invitation Types are used when Service occurs in the US:
- Contracting Services.
- Performers/Guest Speakers/Honorarium
- Issuing Payment For:
- Fellowships (Living Allowance, Health Insurance)/Other Awards/Royalties - required inside or outside of US
- Human Subject Payments - when service occurs in the US
- Events/Travel (Non-Reimbursements) - when service occurs in the US
- In Payee Information, check the box that states, Payee is a foreign individual and services were performed within the US, to initiate the Glacier process.
- Enter Payee Name, Payee Email, and select Visa Type, then click Submit.
- If a Payee is registered in Payment Compass as a Traveler and in addition needs to be paid for Services, the department needs to re-invite the Payee via Payment Compass, using the same email, confirming they have selected one of the Invitation Types listed above.
- In Payee Information, check Payee is a foreign individual and services were performed within the US to initiate the Glacier process.
- The Payee will not register in Payment Compass again, but will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with access information for logging into Glacier to complete the secure online form.
- Once they complete the form, the Payee will be provided with instructions on how to submit the required paperwork.