There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
This article details how to Create a Travel Request in Concur.
Video: How to Create a Travel Request in Concur (Click above Image)
1. To create a Travel Request, log into Concur using your Single Sign-On.
2. Select the Request module, then select New Request.
3. In the Request Header tab, in Request Type, select Travel Request.
4. Fill out all of the necessary trip information, required fields are highlighted in red.
5. Chart of Accounts (COA) information is required, confirm that you are searching for COA with the proper parameters by using this guide for more information.
a. If you are unsure what to enter for these values, please consult with your Fund Manager.
6. When complete with the Request Header entries, click Create Request.
7. After clicking on Create Request, the system will take you to the Expected Expenses section:
a. Estimate the Expenses that will be incurred by this trip.
b. The estimate will not affect your ability to claim Expenses.
c. The estimate provides the approver of this trip the expected amount/number of Expenses.
8. On the right hand side of the screen, select an Expense type from the menu, e.g. Air Travel Expense.
9. Fill out the Expense Type required fields, highlighted in red, e.g. Air Travel Expense.
10. Click Save.
11. Repeat Steps #8-10 until you have entered all of your estimated expenses:
a. For each Expense Type, a line item displays on the left under Expenses tab.
b. If you are using a Project/Task in your Chart of Account, you must allocate the Estimated Expenses to include an Expenditure Type.
12. When finished entering your estimated Expenses, submit your Request by clicking Submit Request.
13. Once you submit the request, to track the Travel Request's approval workflow, select the Request Details dropdown and then click on Request Timeline.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.