This article demonstrates how to create a Gift Card Request for Employee or Non-Employee and Human Subject Compensation.
1. Watch the Concur: Creating a Gift Card Request:
Video: Creating a Gift Card Request (click above image)
2. Review the written steps below:
Note: The following content is the same as what is covered in the video, only presented in a different format.
1. Log into Concur
2. Select Request module at the top of the page.
3. In Requests, select Create New Request.
4. In the Request Header, in Request Type, select Card and Payment Products Request.
5. In Payment Product Type, select:
a. UCSD Gift Cards (Awards/Recognition), for a Gift Card for an Employee or Non-Employee.
b. UCSD Human Subject Payments, for a Gift Card for Human Subject Compensation.
6. Complete entering all required information pertaining to Card Request:
If you have questions on what to enter in Fund, Financial Unit or Function, speak with your Fund Manager:
b. Request Name
c. User Type
e. Financial Unit
h. Business Purpose: add supporting details about the request
7. Click Create Request on the bottom right.
8. In the Expected Expenses section, click on Add.
a. Select Expense Type, either:
Employee or Non-Employee Gift/Prize/Award or Gift Cards HS-payments
b. If cards are for different denominations, will need to repeat Steps #9 or #10, dependent on Expense Type
9. On the Expense tab, for Employee or Non-Employee Gift/Prize/Award, complete the following fields:
a. Expense Type, populated by step #7
b. Type of Gift Card
c. Amount of Each Gift Card
c. Number of Gift Cards Needed
10. Add all Attendees, e.g. Gift Card recipients, to the Request.
11. In Attendees, click on Add.
12. Choose an Attendee Type and fill out the needed fields, click Search.
13. Click Add to List
14. Repeat Steps #12-13. When completed adding Attendees, click Save.
15. On the Expense tab, for Gift Cards HS-payments, complete the following fields:
a. Expense Type, populated by step #8
b. Amount of Each Gift Card
c. Number of Cards Needed
d. Mail Code
e. Project Number
f. IRB approved project?
g. Project certified exempt from IRB?
h. PI Name
i. Will individual receive $600 or more in a calendar year?
j. Department Coordinator Name
k. Department Coordinator Email
l. Department Coordinator Phone
16. Click Save, an Expense line will now populate on the left side of the page.
17. Note the $1.15 charge added per card.
18. Add Attachments for Gift Cards HS-payments, select Attachments, Add Attachments.
19. In Document Upload and Attach, select Browse, select file, click Upload, close dialog box.
1. Under Expense Expenses section, check the box to your desired transaction to select it.
2. Select Allocate
4. For more information on Allocation and splitting costs across different chartstrings, please refer to KB0032337: How to Allocate Expenses in Concur.
5. To learn more about editing Allocations as an Approver, please refer to KB0032252: How to Edit and Review CoA Information as an Approver.
8. Click Save to confirm updates.
9. Click Submit Request, then Accept and Submit.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.