This article demonstrates how to submit a Concur request to apply for a Procurement Card. Please note, only a cardholder is eligible to submit a new card Request in Concur. Additionally, a new card request should never route to a Department Administrator (DA) for approval. This request will be routed to your Financial Unit approver before reaching the Procurement Card team for final review and approval.
1. Log into Concur using your Single Sign-On.
2. Click on Start a Request at the top of the page.
3. The Create New Request pop-up will display.
4. In Request Type, select Card & Payment Products Request, this will update the form to the Card & Payment Products form.
5. In Date, select the Calendar icon and select today's date, or manually enter today’s date.
6. In Request Name, enter New Card Request.
7. In User Type, select UCSD Employee.
8. In Payment Product Type, select UCSD Procurement Card.
9. Fill out the fields with a red asterisk, these are required. The circled items are the minimum required financial information, any additional financial information (Project/Task) is optional.
10. In the Business Purpose/Additional Information section, please enter the Business Purpose for the New Card.
11. Click Create Request
12. Under Expected Expenses, click Add.
13. An Add Expected Expenses pop-up will display.
14. Select New Card
15. In Payment Product Type, select UCSD Procurement Card, in MC, enter your mail code.
16. In the Comment section, you can make the following requests:
Note: If you would like to request additional requests such as increasing a limit, Delegation of Authority, lifting an MCC code etc., you may do so by clicking on Add within Expected Expenses. This will allow you to create additional requests, within your same report.
17. Click Save to add your Expense.
18. In Expected Expenses, a line item will display for New Card request.
19. To add the required attachments, in upper right, select Attachments, select Attach Documents.
20. Select Upload and Attach to select a file and attach the Required Documents for a New Card Request:
University Procurement Card Program Completion Certificate (16 min training):
Procurement Card Cardholder Agreement: The Procurement Card team is only accepting the most up to date Cardholder Agreement (as of 9/2020).
21. Once you have selected your file(s), they will automatically be attached to the request.
22. Select Submit Request and in Final Review, select Accept & Continue to submit your Request.
23. Once the Procurement Card team has received your Request, your card will be ordered and mailed:
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here, or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494.