This article demonstrates to Financial Information System (FIS) users how to create an invoice, which includes the option to split the revenue to more than one Chart of Accounts (CoA) in Oracle Financial Cloud (OFC).
- Examples are used in this article to demonstrate the process, to create invoices with split revenues in Oracle Production, you will be using your data.
- Department preparers require particular roles to create contracts and access the reports in FIS.
- Review the Role information and then make the necessary requests:
- KB0032200: How to Determine the Oracle & Concur Standard Roles Departmental Preparers Need
- Oracle and Concur Role Requests Form
- In case of any issues running the reports, please submit a ticket.
- There are rules setup in the system to automatically generate the Revenue Distribution with the Entity, Fund, Financial Unit, Revenue Account, and Project when the invoice is generated through the Contracts Management module.
- You cannot distribute Revenue to multiple Financial Units if the FinU field in the Miscellaneous tab has a value there.
- You will need to take Action to modify the information in Edit Distributions for an Invoice with Revenue needing to post to multiple Fund/Financial Unit(s).
- It is not required nor encouraged to create multiple Invoices to distribute revenue.
- Do NOT use 77***** Revenue accounts for Receivables invoices. KB0034474: How to Use Accounts under Internal Recharge (starting with 77) provides guidance on how to properly use 77***** Revenue accounts (not for Receivables transactions).
- Must use Financial Unit 4200100 for Medical Center entity and balance sheet account combination.
- Must use Financial Unit 4310162 for Physician Group entity and balance sheet account combination.
Creating an Invoice
1. Login to Oracle Financial Cloud (OFC).
2. Select Company Sign-on and use your SSO information.
3. Select Billing and Receivables then Billing.
4. Click the Tasks icon on the far right.
5. In Transactions, select Create Transaction.
6. In Business Unit, select your respective unit; Campus, Foundation, Physician Group, Population Health.
7. In Transaction Source, select Manual.
8. In Transaction Type, select Invoice.
9. In Customer Bill-to Name, search for Customer, enter your choice of Name or Account Number e.g. IBM WATSON HEALTH IMAGING, press enter.
10. In Payment Terms, Net 30 is applied as default, per A/R Policy Best Practice.
11. In Invoice Lines, enter a Description, Quantity and Unit Price.
12. In Line 1, enter Description: Services, Quantity: e.g. 1, and Unit Price: e.g. 500
13. In Line 2, enter Description: Services, Quantity: e.g. 5, and Unit Price: e.g. 200
14. Click Save, upper left now displays, Edit Transaction: Invoice #xxxxx
15. For goods and services where district taxes are imposed, input the appropriate tax rate from the Tax Classification dropdown menu. The corresponding sales and use tax rates to use throughout San Diego County and city exceptions* are as follows:
- San Diego County tax rate 7.75% - US775
- Vista and El Cajon tax rate 8.5% - US825
- La Mesa tax rate 8.50% - US850
- National City tax rate 8.75% - US875
* For example, if services are rendered or goods are picked up in the city of El Cajon, the local tax rate of 8.25% applies
16. Click on Actions and Edit Distributions.
17. In Edit Distributions dialog box, on Line 2, modify the default receivables and revenue chart strings.
18. In the Distribution column, click the icon.
- Modify the Receivables line to include the appropriate chart segments (ENTITY, FUND, FINANCIAL UNIT) for your department.
- Account 129043 is the preferred receivables account for miscellaneous billing.
- Function code must equal to 000.
- Modify Revenue line(s) to include the appropriate chart segments (ENTITY, FUND, FINANCIAL UNIT, ACCOUNT, etc.) for your department.
- ***When the Distribution lines are not edited properly, the system will provide default settings i.e. FinU defaults to 9699902 - Campus Operations General Accounting (which should NOT have any Receivables)***
19. Click Save and Close.
19. At the top of the page, if you’d like to preview the Invoice select Complete and Review, or to finalize, select Complete and Close to return to the Receivables Billing work area.