There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
This article demonstrates how to book travel using Concur Travel.
Video: How to Book Travel in Concur Travel (Click above Image)
1. Login to Concur
a. If you are using the Concur Travel module on behalf of another user as a Delegate, you must select the option to act as their Delegate before starting this process.
2. Select the Travel module from the top of the screen.
3. Select type of trip search (airfare, car rental, hotel, train)
4. Enter Search Criteria
5. Select Search
6. In Welcome to Concur dialog box, enter Request ID:
a. See KB0032739: How to locate Concur Report Key, Report ID, and Request ID to find the Request ID.
b. Concur Travel can also be used for personal travel - in such a case, a Request ID isn’t necessary.
7. Check the information/alerts to ensure purchase is within policy.
8. Click Select for desired booking
9. Ensure UCSD CTS Air Charge Card (for airfare), Local Hotel Card (for local hotels), or Travel & Entertainment Card is selected for method of payment.
10. Select Reserve Flight and Continue.
11. Your reservation will be in Concur under Available Expenses by the next day.
This section provides a brief overview of booking guest travel via Concur Travel.
Booking Guest Travel via Concur Travel:
1. The steps for booking travel for a guest are similar to booking travel for an employee, with two variations:
2. Select Booking for a guest when entering search criteria.
2. After selecting a reservation, the system will ask you to enter the Guest Traveler’s information.
3. Confirm this information is correct before selecting Save.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here or call the IPPS Help Desk at (858) 534-9494.