There will be a new Request User Interface (UI) in Concur Starting October 2nd. The process outlined below will not change but the screenshots will be outdated. We'll be working on updating all related knowledge base articles in the upcoming weeks. In the meantime, here is a video on the new UI updates.
This article provides the information and steps required to itemize a Travel & Entertainment (T&E) Card transaction for different scenarios such as: How to Itemize a T&E Card Transaction with Multiple Event Expense Types, How to Itemize a Meals &Incidental Expense (M&IE) charged to a T&E Card that exceeds the Allowable per Day Maximum, and How to Itemize a Gift Expense with Various Denominations.
1. Select the appropriate Event Expense Type (e.g. Food – Dine In/Delivery/Pickup).
a. For a list of Event Expense Types, refer to the Event Expense Types and Account Codes Blink page.
2. Select Itemizations
3. Select Create Itemization
4. Check the receipt to see which portion of the amount was for the meal expense.
5. Select the Expense Type Food - Dine In/Delivery/Pickup.
6. Fill in the event expense information for the Itemization: Type of Meal, Type of Meeting Event, Amount, Expenditure Type (If there is a project on the expense report).
7. Add the event attendees by selecting Attendees.
a. The system calculates the Cost Per Person based on the final participant count and total amount for the meal.
8. Select Add
9. Choose your event attendees from the Recent Attendees if appearing in the list and select Add to List:
a. If attendees are not in your Recent Attendees, please follow Step 10.
b. If you have already selected attendees, please go to Step 14.
10. Select the second tab from the right (Attendees) and then choose the Attendee Type.
11. In this example, the Attendee Type chosen is Faculty/Staff, which is used to look up a UCSD Employee.
12. Once you select the name it will be added to your attendee list:
a. Repeat Steps 11 and 12 to add all the remaining attendees.
13. Select Save to save the attendees to the Itemization.
14. Select Save Itemization to save this first Itemized Expense Type.
15. Select Create Itemization to itemize the rest of the expense.
16. Select the Expense Type of Meeting Room Rental to itemize the remaining amount ( in this example, $120.00).
17. Fill out the event details and information, such as: Amount, Expenditure Type (if applicable), Comments, and then select Save Itemization.
18. Select Save Expense to save Itemizations.
19. After itemizing the expense, and no other edits need to be made to the expense report, select Submit Report.
1. Select the T&E Card transaction for Meals & Incidentals that exceeds the allowed maximum.
a. The system recognizes that the amount is over the allowable maximum, meaning that you have to itemize the expense.
2. Open the expense and select the Itemizations tab.
3. Select Create Itemization
4. Select the Meals & Incidentals Expense Type.
5. Fill in the amount field with the maximum allowable amount for Meals & Incidentals and select Save Itemization.
a. If you added a Project and a Task on the Report Header, fill out the Expenditure Type field.
6. Select Create Itemization to itemize the remaining amount.
7. Select the Personal/Non-reimbursable expense type:
a. When using the Personal/Non-reimbursable expense type, make sure that your default chart string to yout/the user's Profile Settings under the Expense Information section; if is it not, add the preferred COA or chart string information.
b. For questions as to why this is necessary, please refer to KB0033781: How to Process Personal/Non-Reimbursable Card Charges in Concur.
8. Fill out the Amount field with the remaining amount ($14.88), add Comment about how the payee will reimburse the University, and then select Save Itemization.
9. Select Save Expense
10. If you are still getting the Itemization Personal/Non-reimbursable alert that is on the screenshot above, follow the steps indicated in the alert for it to clear:
a. Profile > Profile Settings > Expense Information
b. Add the chart string values (Fund/Financial Unit/Approver/Function) and select Save
c. Go back to the itemized expense and select Save, and this should clear the alert
11. For more step-by-step guidance on what to do when there is a personal expense on a T&E Card, review KB0033781: How to Process Personal/Non-Reimbursable card charges in Concur.
If the T&E Card Specialist approved the usage of your Travel & Entertainment Card for the purchase of gift cards with various denominations (e.g., $10, $15, $20, etc), you will need to itemize the T&E Card transaction. Please be aware that purchasing gift cards on a T&E Card is only for exceptions (please reference the Procure-to-Pay Matrix under Gift Cards for more information). Here is how to itemize a T&E Card transaction once it has been moved to the expense report:
1. Select the relevant T&E Card Transaction and add it to the expense report.
2. In the Expense Details section, add a Comment with the Services & Support case # with the granted exception to purchase gifts with a T&E Card.
3. Select Itemizations
4. Select Create Itemization
5. Search for and select the most appropriate Gift/Prize/Award Expense Type:
a. Employee - Gift/Prize/Award for employee recipients
b. Non-employee - Gift/Prize/Award for non-employee recipients
c. Student Award for student recipients
6. Fill in the expense information for the Itemization: Type of Employee Gift/Award, Amount, Sales Tax Field, Expenditure Type (if applicable).
7. Select Attendees
a. This is where you will add the gift recipients' names.
8. Select Add
9. Choose your gift card recipients from the Recent Attendees if appearing in the list and select Add to List.
Note: Only add the names of the recipients for the itemized amount (eg.: 2 recipients both received $25 gift cards which equals the itemized amount of $50).
a. If not in your Recent Attendees, please follow Step 10
b. If you already selected your gift card recipients, please go to step 12
10. Select the second tab from the right and the select Create New Attendee.
11. Add Attendee information and select Create Attendee (repeat this step to add the second recipient for this Itemization example).
12. Once the recipients have been added select Save.
13. Select Save Itemization
14. Add as many Itemizations as required until the remaining amount equals 0.
15. Once the Remaining Amount reaches 0, select Save Expense.
16. After itemizing the expense, and no other edits need to be made to the expense report please select Submit Report.
If you need any additional assistance, please submit a ticket here.