FAQ: POETAF Shipments
The article introduces the role of Logistics: Outbound Shipping, emphasizing its support in facilitating and managing departmental outbound shipments and mailings. It highlights the importance of this logistical service in streamlining the shipping process for various departments.
Q: Does the Mailing Center at The Trove accept POETAFs for outbound shipments?
The Trove is home to the Mailing Center, a full-service postal annex that offers shipping and mailing services to the public, students, and the campus community. As of February 13, 2023, The Trove is no longer accepting departmental outbound shipments using POETAF strings for payment.
Q: How do I complete an outbound shipment using a POETAF string for payment?
For non-hazardous, domestic mail:
- Shipments can be staged for pickup by Campus Mail, which will bring the shipment back to Outbound Mail.
- If you would rather drop it off, you can do so at the Campus Mail door at Campus Services Complex, Building A. Mail must be ready to ship.
- Please provide the following information for packages and envelopes:
- Both ship to and return addresses (required).
- A POETAF, a contact name, and a phone number (required).
- Specify the date the shipment needs to arrive (required).
- Preferred carrier/service (required).
- If you would like a tracking number, an email address (optional).
For HazMat/Biological/Potential Hazardous Materials and International shipments:
- Both types of shipments require a Logistics Request Form to be filled out and submitted. HazMat instructions here. International instructions here.
- Alternatively, you can call our High-Risk Shipping Department at (858) 534-5737 or email email@example.com to arrange for legal and compliant pickup and shipment.
- NOTE: HazMat/biological/potential hazardous materials, temperature controlled, and international shipments are not accepted for drop off at CSC.