Reset your Course Account Password
The following article goes over steps on how to reset your course account password through password.ucsd.edu.
- Course accounts are accounts give you access to course-allocated resources. These are provided to you based on the course you are taking.
- Course accounts generally follow this naming convention: Course Prefix, Quarter & Year Identifier, Username. An example - cs10sp19aa This would be a course account for Course CSE 10 in Spring 2019
- Your password should follow the following requirements:
- Be different from any previous passwords
- Be at least 12 characters long
- Have characters from at least 3 of the following 4 categories: uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols
- Not contain any part of your username or full name
Steps to Take
- Go to password.ucsd.edu
- Type in your course account username.
- Don't know your course account name? You can look up your account through the Account Lookup Tool.
- Click "I want to reset my course-specific account password."
- Authenticate using Duo. This should be the same Duo device you use for your email or other campus accounts.
- Confirm your personal email.
- Check your email for a reset link. Click on the reset link.
- Input your new password as prompted and click “Change Password.”
- Click “Finish Password Setup”