Transfer UCSD Google Site to Another Domain
Follow these steps to copy your Google site from the UCSD Google domain (sites.google.com/a/ucsd.edu) to the general Google Domain (sites.google.com) and transfer ownership of the site from your UCSD G Suite account to a personal Google account.
- You will need to transfer your UCSD Google Site from your UCSD account to a personal account before your UCSD account closes to maintain access and ownership of your Google Site.
Steps to Take
1. Share Google Site from your UCSD account
- Log in to sites.google.com with your UCSD account.
- Note: UCSD G Suite accounts general use your UCSD Email username and password. You will need to enter your full UCSD email as the username (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select the site you would like to copy to the general Google domain and transfer ownership of to your personal account.
- Select Settings (Gear icon) → Sharing and Permissions.
- Under Invite people, enter your personal Google email address. Click Edit (pencil icon) and select Is owner.
- Keep Notify People selected and press Send.
2. Accept invite and copy site from your personal account
- Login to your personal Gmail and locate the site invite email. Click Open link in email.
- Select Settings (Gear icon) → Manage Site.
- Select Copy This Site (near the center of this page).
- This will copy the site from the UCSD Domain to the Google Domain. Choose new site title and URL here.