Store or Upload Files to OneDrive
Find out how to upload files to OneDrive.
- You need your Active Directory (AD) username and password. If you don't remember your AD username or password, you can either reset it at password.ucsd.edu or contact your department's systems administrator.
- If you need more information about accessing OneDrive, see the Log in to OneDrive page.
Steps to Take
- Access OneDrive
- Go to the sign-in page: http://onedrive.ucsd.edu.
- Log in with your AD username and password (using the format email@example.com)
- Select upload from the Documents screen.
- In the Add a document window:
- Browse to the file.
- Add version comments (optional).
- Click OK
You can also upload files from Office apps:
- Go to the File menu
- Select Save As.
- Select OneDrive @ UC San Diego.
Note: You must set up a file "sync" with your local computer in order to use this method.
You can also drag and drop files from your local system to OneDrive.
Note: If you drag files from a local drive to OneDrive via Windows Explorer, it will move the file, not make a copy.