Install Kaltura Capture Within MediaSpace
Kaltura Capture is free recording software available for both Mac and Windows. Though you can find the installer file in either Canvas or MediaSpace, this article provides instructions on how to find it in MediaSpace.
Kaltura Capture is available to all UC San Diego community members with active directory credentials.
- Disk space usage. When you record using Kaltura Capture, it will keep your recording files on your computer in addition to uploading them to the cloud.
- More reliable on Windows. We've observed less stability with Kaltura Capture on Macs.
- System requirements. see Kaltura's documentation on your computer's system requirements for the software. It works on both Macs and Windows computers.
- Dual screen recordings. If you elect to record your camera and screen, then your recording in Kaltura will be a dual-stream recording, which allows viewers to control the arrangement of the two video streams. Handy!
Steps to Take
- Log into MediaSpace.
- Within your browser, visit https://mediaspace.ucsd.edu.
- Click the profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select Login.
- Enter your active directory credentials.
- Click + Create at the top of the page.
- Select Capture from the list.
- On the subsequent page, click Download for Windows.
- After the file completes downloading, find it and double-click it to run the installer.
- Follow the steps in the installer to install Kaltura Capture on your computer.
See our article on how to record with Kaltura Capture if desired.