Back Up Student Gmail
Follow these steps to back up email and other Google Suite data from your student Google account onto a personal computer or email account.
- Google Takeout downloads your Google account files onto your personal computer. Downloading your files onto your desktop will allow you to upload your mailboxes into a personal email client or view your files on your computer.
- Google Transfer lets you transfer your emails and Drive documents to another Google account. This is a good option if you have a personal Gmail account you would like to use to backup you UCSD Google account content.
- Note: Google Transfer option only support Google to Google migration.
Steps to Take
- Sign into the Google Takeout Tool (takeout.google.com) with your full UCSD email address (include @ucsd.edu)
- Select which data you would like to include in your download and select Next.
- If you'd like more information on what data will download with each option, you can click to expand information on the section that you'd like to know more about,
- Verify your options and select Create Archive.
- Sign into takeout.google.com/transfer with your full UCSD email address (include @ucsd.edu)
- Enter your personal Gmail account address that you would like to use as your destination account.
- Select Send Code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your personal Gmail account to verify.
- Select the data you would like to include in your transfer. Select Start Transfer.