Download an Embedded Video in Canvas
If the person who embedded a video has enabled it, you can download it. It's just a matter of seeing the icon (which is quite small).
- Embedded video: a video that is inserted into a webpage using an embed code. In Canvas this is done by clicking the "embed Kaltura media" icon in the rich content editor. We often make a distinction between "published" Kaltura videos and "embedded" Kaltura videos; the former are videos that are in the Media Gallery and the latter are videos inserted into Canvas pages (or anywhere else in Canvas where the rich content editor is available).
Things to Keep in Mind
- Embedded videos aren't downloadable by default. The person who embedded it must have taken steps to make it downloadable.
- You'll be downloading the "source" file. The source file is the original file that was uploaded to Kaltura. While this is usually the highest quality version available, it usually also has the largest file size.
- You're looking at the page that has the embedded video. Because videos can be embedded in a variety of places in Canvas, we'll start the (very short) instructions assuming that you're already looking at the embedded video.
Steps to Take
- Click the download icon at the top right corner of the video player.