Create Signature and Sign a DocuSign Document
When someone sends you a DocuSign document requiring your electronic signature, you will receive an email from DocuSign. Follow the steps below to create a signature and sign a DocuSign document.
Steps to Take
1. Review DocuSign email
- Open the email and review the message from the sender.
- Click Review Document to begin the signing process:
2. Agree to sign electronically
- Read the consumer disclosure
- Select the checkbox I agree to do business electronically with UC San Diego
- Note: To view and sign the documents, you must agree to conduct business electronically
- Click Continue
3. Start signing process
- Click the Start tag on the left side of the screen to start the signing process
- You will be taken to the first tag requiring your action
- Click the Sign Here tag
4. Adopt your signature (first-time user only)
The first time you use DocuSign, you'll be asked to adopt a signature:
- Verify that your name and initials are correct. If not, change as needed.
- Pick a signature font. Your choices are:
- Accept the default signature and style.
- Click Change Style and select a different signature option.
- Click Draw. Draw your signature/initials using a mouse, finger, or stylus on a touchscreen.
- Click Adopt and Sign to adopt and save your signature information and return to the document.
5. Confirm signing
- When you finish clicking all signature tags in the document, click Finish
- A message will appear stating that you have completed your document.
- The sender will receive a notification email and the signed document will appear in the DocuSign account.