CMS: Relationships that Allow Linking to Pages, Files or Folders (Assets) Within a Website
Follow these steps to publish pages that link to a specific asset within the campus CMS.
- Being able to link assets in the CMS is essential. Assets include shared blocks, pages, images, etc.
- When you update a shared block or move a page you will see updates in the CMS, but these updates will not appear on live site until page, and sometimes folder, is published.
Steps to Take
1. Find pages that link to your asset
You can see a list of pages that use a specific shared block or use an internal link to an asset
- Navigate to the shared block or asset in question
- Click More > Relationships
- You will see the Relationships window
- From here you can link to the individual relationships, see when they were last modified and publish selected (checked) relationships, etc.
2. Publish relationships
- Follow the instructions above to open the Relationships window for your asset
- Click Publish All
- This will publish the relationships to both stage and delivery (live site)
Asset Not Set to Publish Error
See CMS Error: "Asset is not set to publish" Error knowledge article