ServiceNow 8.4.0 Release Notes
Release 8.4.0 introduced new features, fixes, and updates to the campus instance of ServiceNow at UCSD and was implemented on November 4, 2020.
- A loading icon has been added to the Service Portal header. This animated icon will appear whenever a page or server transaction is occurring, so that the user knows that some form of loading is happening.
- There was a bug in the Confluence: Manage Space Users catalog item where the API call would not get space admins and thus not generate RITM approvals. We updated the logic to get the space admins in order to generate the appropriate approvals.
- The Category Code Request form used to be in the Student portal, but has now been moved to the Business & Finance portal.
- The Manage Service Offering form's workflow was expanded for requests within the IT Services catalog. Requests for new service offerings will now prompt an approval from the ITS-ServiceManagementOffice group, followed by a task from the ITS-ChangeManagement group to ensure CAB representation as needed. Other organization's workflows remain unchanged.
- A new form was created for users to easily submit Oracle MCI File requests.
- Previously in the agent view, the only way to update a Request Item was to click the 'Update' or 'Submit' button. This would take you away from the RITM to your dashboard or the previous page. We have now added a 'Save & Stay' button that saves your updates to the Request Item and keeps you on the current page after it refreshes.
- Preparations for future data tables that will house future projects and request catalog information have been moved to production.
- Employee preferred names are now being imported from UCPath. Please see this knowledge article for more information on how to update your preferred name in UCPath.
- Previously, inactive user profiles with previously-held job information (previous supervisors, departments, etc.) would sometimes overwrite the most up-to-date job information in data pulled from the Activity Hub. Employee users should see only active job information in their profiles moving forward.